PDA

View Full Version : Story Items Not in Order..(Library)

ShotGun Jolly
September 24th, 2009, 18:35
Hey all.

Here is a odd issue I am having.

I am creating modules for my games, so I go and enter in all the data, make my lists, and then export it.

Everything works fine, except for one thing. All the items, which were listed in alphabetical order in the Module before I exported it, are now no longer in order when I load it into another?

So, when I go back to edit my info in the main module, everything is in order, I export the data again, load it up.. and its no longer in order. (this is when I go into view the data in the library) But If I click on the "Story" button on the side and then click on one of the module on the bottom, the data comes up and is in order.

So, the only place its not in alphabetical order is in the library. Is what I am saying making sense?

(not familiar with all the terminology)

Jolly

Ikael
September 24th, 2009, 19:41
That's because Libary's pageview (the right column in library window) doesn't sort its items by their name like in Story window (in fact they are not sorted at all). If you want to make library sort it's items on pageview you should add following code to ruleset's library.xml file. The code goes to 'pagelist' named windowlist's script section.

function onSortCompare(w1, w2)
return w1.name.getValue() > w2.name.getValue();
end

Spyke
September 24th, 2009, 19:46
Shotgun, if you're using the GURPS PAK file, I'll look into adding that library sorting code as an option in the new preferences section in the next version of the ruleset, which I'll be releasing when the current test version of FG2 is made the release version.

Spyke

Spyke
September 24th, 2009, 20:13
I've added this to the next version of the GURPS ruleset as above. Thanks for the code pointer Ikael; it saved me time hunting that down!

Spyke

ShotGun Jolly
September 24th, 2009, 21:32
Thanks Guys..

I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or not.

I am looking forward to the next release of the GURPS ruleset. :)

Regards
Jolly