PDA

View Full Version : interesting issue with shortcuts

gmkieran
September 24th, 2009, 02:37
Seems like all I do these days is complain, which is sad, 'cause I LOVE FGII!!! So, here's the latest. Trying to take up the mantle of GM - 4E_JPG ruleset, latest available version of FGII, full license (of course). I threw together a tiny little module to give me something to cut my teeth on with my players. 2 maps, 2 encounters, 2 story entries - nothing much. I tried using shortcuts to connect the encounters to the maps and, somehow or other, I got the wrong pins on the wrong locations and didn't realize it until after export. Tried correcting and saving the pins in the campaign - semi-successful (both the incorrect and correct link appear on the map, overlapped), but no effect on the module. Tried exporting the corrected module using the same db and file name - successfully exported and did not create a new file in the campaigns folder, so assumed it correctly over-wrote the bad information with the good. Wrong! Not only did it not correct the issue, it compounded it! Now, instead of 1 short cut to each encounter overlapping, I have 9 shortcuts to the WRONG encounter burying 1 shortcut to the correct one!!!!

Sorry about the novel, but that one was weird enough to require some description. Anyone have any thoughts on what happened? Is there a way, short of exporting an entirely new module or manually editing the .xml, to over-write a bad export with a good one?

thanks!

mac40k
September 24th, 2009, 15:52
Hmm, I never used the pin feature, so not sure I can't help solve your problem. I always just entered two links in my story entries, one to the map, and another to the encounter.

Zeus
September 25th, 2009, 11:33
If you look in the campaign subdir of the FGII application data directory and cd into the camapign directory you are currently using, you should find a modulesdb sub folder.

The moduledb subfolder in each campaign directory maintains a cache of changes made to any modules from within your campaign.

Navigate into this sub folder and locate the .xml file that matches the name of your module. Move the file to your Desktop (thus removing it from the modulesdb sub folder).

Now reload FGII, your campaign and re-open the module.

Does that fix it?