PDA

View Full Version : Noob Help with RMC

bgdave
September 22nd, 2009, 03:33
I am a long term Rolemaster guy (my first ruleset had the parchment Weapons Charts) but I am brand new to FG. I am following the creation section and most thing work fine but it does not seem to recognize the character class for skill costs. I have typed it in then tried to drag and drop but it won't stick, neither seems to work.

Any hints or help?
Thanks

Foen
September 22nd, 2009, 06:19
The profession isn't case sensitive, so that wouldn't cause a problem. Are you setting the profession before or after adding skills to the character sheet? The cost lookup is done once, at the point a skill is added, so the profession has to be chosen first.

Stuart

Grendal1971
September 24th, 2009, 07:11
We had a similar problem tonight during char creation. The class costs initially were added but then vanished (unknown how remote player did it, he just exclaimed they were missing and we never got it to automate them again). We tried removing all skills and readding, dragging and dropping the class back again, opening and closing sheet and program, everything to get it to reissue them automatically but soon realized we could simply drag and drop them from the skills chart and move on.
I am wondering if any later automation such as rank bonuses will be messed up due to this though...

Grendal1971
September 28th, 2009, 19:18
After putting in many hours, I am confident you can mess nothing up by simply typing these (or dragging them) back in yourself.