PDA

View Full Version : Some small changes

madman
September 21st, 2009, 20:24
a few changes i made to my game time experience

now to put it into an extension some how?

Chris

Phystus
September 22nd, 2009, 02:42
Wow, that is nice! Excellent work! Please do make an extension, I'd love to spring this on my players.

~P

Foen
September 22nd, 2009, 06:26
The extension would be just the icons/frames (in the right icons/frames folder) and the resource definitions (frame and icon tags). The resource definitions need to be in an extension.xml file, or otherwise included using the include tag.

I've attached an example, created by Arindor, for use with Labyrinth Lord.

Stuart

madman
September 23rd, 2009, 05:33
here is what i have can someone take a look at it and tell me what im missing.

for some reason FG will not let me upload the zip. file size ok .but it wont work
Thanks in advance

Chris

rapidshare link.

Foen
September 23rd, 2009, 05:52
You need to wrap the frame and icon definitions in an opening and closing base tag (see the example I posted).

Your extension is also very complete (good), so you might want to start with just a couple of changes, and get those to work, before adding the rest.

Stuart

madman
September 23rd, 2009, 06:09
Thank You for the quick reply. added the <base> tag DOH!!!!!
Should of seen that. works great

Thanks again

Chris

Well not great radial stuff is still default so i guess i need to include the graphics radial.xml also.

back to work

madman
September 23rd, 2009, 06:19
i Changed some of the d20_JPG icons color wise and i did not get the OK from Moon_Wizard

i will repost after it is oked by him to do so.

Chris

madman
September 25th, 2009, 00:37
THIS MIGHT BE ADDICTING.
check this one out.

working on doing one with all new frames.
but i am still working on frame coding. its all greek to me.

Chris

Moon Wizard
September 25th, 2009, 03:33
Almost all of the graphics in the JPG rulesets were provided by SmiteWorks from their examples in the d20 ruleset. You can ask them directly for permission.

There are a few minor graphics that were added over time to the JPG rulesets (new tabs, encounter icon, new buttons, etc.). You are welcome to use any of the graphics that I added for direct use or modification to create themes.

Cheers,
JPG

madman
September 26th, 2009, 03:13
so here is an update on a WIP.

Chris

Leonal
September 26th, 2009, 15:58
Latest WIP looks great^^

I'd recommend using a seamless texture for some of the designs to avoid the distinct line.
A good tutorial can be found here (https://forum.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1373).

If you're going to share it, I'm not sure if your modified Pathfinder logo falls under the community use policy of Paizo though.

madman
September 27th, 2009, 00:57
most of them are seamless textures!

and will grow to any sze with each window.

Chris

Leonal
September 27th, 2009, 01:05
Ah yeah, sorry, I think my eyes just got caught on the lower left window. :)

demonsbane
September 27th, 2009, 06:24
most of them are seamless textures!

and will grow to any sze with each window.

Chris

Could you make a generic game agnostic extension? I really like your first setup (the blue & wood one).

Cheers

madman
September 27th, 2009, 06:52
or what game system. im guessing not DnD. but i need some more info than that.

Chris

madman
September 27th, 2009, 06:53
oooooops
Chris

madman
October 4th, 2009, 04:02
well here is the blue wood theme. i tried to get a response from a mod or dev on this.
and from what i can gather it should be fine to share.

https://rapidshare.com/files/288395866/Blue_Wood_Theme.zip.html

Chris

Spyke
October 4th, 2009, 10:47
Hi Chris,

Your blue wood theme works fine with the GURPS ruleset too, thanks, and will also work well with any ruleset that's based on the default Smiteworks graphics, not just the d20 ones.

Please could you add GURPS_4e to the ruleset list for later releases of your skins, or simply remove the ruleset tags to allow the skin to work with any ruleset?

Obereton also had a good page to host skin extensions on his FG wiki, but they don't seem to be there any more. Obe?

Spyke

tdewitt274
November 2nd, 2009, 02:34
so here is an update on a WIP.

Chris
That one would be sweet for a Shackled City Adventure Path (Paizo/Dungeon Magazine).

BruntFCA
March 4th, 2010, 21:04
well here is the blue wood theme. i tried to get a response from a mod or dev on this.
and from what i can gather it should be fine to share.

https://rapidshare.com/files/288395866/Blue_Wood_Theme.zip.html

Chris

Looks like that great theme has been lost to the ether.

Someone needs to make a sticky of the themes. That first one was really nice.