PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Error after "Return to Launcher"

gmkieran
September 20th, 2009, 14:30
Perhaps this has already been brought up, but I didn't find any reference to it. The new, relatively, functionality that allows you to return to the launch screen instead of quitting completely out of FGII is giving me fits. I assume the idea is that you can then load a new campaign or do any of the other things you would normally do when the launch screen first appears on startup. Unfortunately, any time I try to initiate another function (so far have tried loading a different campaign, joining a game and creating a new campaign) I receive a runtime error message saying that FGII has experienced "abnormal program termination." Ok-ing that error closes FGII, which then functions normally when I re-open it (though it does create backup dbs for whatever module I was attempting to open when it terminated). Any thoughts on why this is happening? Is it happening to anyone else?

Thanks!

adrick
March 16th, 2010, 14:41
Having the same issue thought it was a problem with the ruleset but after completely restarting it appears to be loading fine.

In this case it was Dark Heresy and it said something about a combat script being wrong.

After complete reset of program no issue.

then exited and returned to launcher and tried to load DND4E and it gave the
runtime error.

complete restart(of FG2) seemed to fix.

Griogre
March 17th, 2010, 21:28
The return to the launcher is flaky. Try to avoid using it, there have been some reports of memory leaks.

Placebo
March 17th, 2010, 21:33
About the Dark Heresy problem its normal...dont worry :) just do what Griogre says...well do you have the fix in the ruleset? For talents...? because the one in the wiki dont have the fix...