PDA

View Full Version : More then 30 dice

Fenloh
September 20th, 2009, 13:26
Hi there, is there a possibility to roll more then 30 Dice in one Roll? Where can i change it?

Fenloh

Ikael
September 20th, 2009, 14:09
Are you playing a god-character in WOD or what? Why do you need more than 30 dices at the same time? I think that the 30-limit is hardcoded and it can't be changed.

Fenloh
September 20th, 2009, 19:38
Hi there,

in Shadowrun you can acutally get Dicepools with more then 30 Dice. Especially in the 2nd and 3rd Edition but also in the 4th ed.

Fenloh

Sigurd
September 20th, 2009, 20:40
Its much more of an issue if you need the frequency of a particular number or range and not a total.

You can add totals from multiple rolls but if you need to know how many 4's your rolled or how many dice were above 3 its more difficult.

Sigurd

I don't use the feature myself but it seems like a logical enough thing. For the resources it uses 300 seems a better ceiling than 30 :) Maybe top the graphics out at 30 and allow more random numbers in the same throw.

Lithl
September 21st, 2009, 14:03
You can also do rolls from the shortcuts bar (press F# key several times), or roll programatically (with Lua script). I believe both are still subject to the 30 die max, but you can do successive rolls much more quickly with those methods.

Tenian
September 21st, 2009, 15:22
I can see using more than 30 dice in Hero system games (like Champions) :)