PDA

View Full Version : Hex Maps? New Patch.

ShotGun Jolly
September 19th, 2009, 23:54
Hi all.

Ok, so I am new to FG and what it has to offer. So, I have been asking dozens, of what may seem like silly questions. But, I just download the latest update so I can use the hex grids, but when I load it up, there is nothing there that asks me to use hex grids, just regular squares.

Do I have to do anything with the XML or anything? if so I am out of luck as i dont know much about XML.

I just really want to be able to start using the Hex grids. Anyone out there able to help me?

EugeneZ
September 20th, 2009, 01:47
Welcome!

Two possible explanations:

1) First off, only the TEST version of FG2 currently supports hex grids. If you look at this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10947), there is a link at the bottom that allows you to switch to test mode and try out hex grids.

2) Once you are in, you need to click the Options button on the top right (a checkbox icon) and enable the "Hex" option under grid type.

Hope that works out well for you, if not, let us know where you're stuck.

ShotGun Jolly
September 20th, 2009, 01:57
The latest patch/update that I just downloaded this morning, is only a test patch? or is it just the patch that allows us to use the test feature?

Dupre
September 20th, 2009, 06:15
The Hex grid support has not been published yet as it is undergoing testing. We will most likely publish it within a few days.

Spyke
September 20th, 2009, 06:52
Shotgun, if you're using the GURPS ruleset, which I think you are, you won't see the hex grids yet as the code that activates them needs to be added. I've got this working and will be releasing a new version of the GURPS ruleset soon. I just need to squash a few bugs in some other new features, but the grids are working fine.

Spyke