PDA

View Full Version : Map Exploration Help

TalonKaine
September 19th, 2009, 18:50
Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a document or video tutorial that will teach me how to use the map settings in FG for revealing only the portion of the dungeon map to the players as they explore it. I’ve played around with it and can get it to work with the free hand tool but I’d like to know if it’s possible to set up predetermined blocks that I can reveal with a click instead of freehand drawing it every time.

Also there is no “Undo” feature in FG is there? When I make a mistake with the freehand tool, there is no way to correct it?

Thanks in advance for any who reply.

Tenian
September 19th, 2009, 19:39
Free hand is the only way. Recent updates added the option to re-draw the mask. Check the patch notes for instructions.

EugeneZ
September 20th, 2009, 01:50
That same update also allows you to "force" the freehand cursor into a straight line. I would really prefer to be able to drag lines... the straight line functionality in the latest update only works for horizontal and vertical lines. Plus, you need to already be moving in that direction... to easy to accidentally get it stuck going the wrong direction.