PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest D20 Ruleset

ShotGun Jolly
September 19th, 2009, 12:10
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if there is a ruleset for the D20 Everquest RPG that came out years back?

If not, any idea on what ruleset that would be closest to it that I could adapt maybe?

Thanks
Jolly

Valarian
September 19th, 2009, 15:16
At a guess, maybe one of the d20 3.5e ones, or possibly the d20 Modern ruleset (Digital Adventures).
How does EverQuest differ from the standard d20 Fantasy or d20 Modern SRD?

computertrucker
April 7th, 2010, 14:22
Hey all I am brandnew to the site... Was a HUGE EQ fan both MMO and Pen and Paper... Currently thinking about trying to run a 4th Edition version of the game without classes like necromancers and magicians it would make it hard to do though.

As for Valarians question about how it differs from the standard D20 system..

It has a completely different magic system using mana points instead of spell slots. also the arcane caster classes had completely different spell lists based off their class.. Even though some spells did cross to different classes. IE a wizard had a completely different spell list than a Magician or an enchanter.

Also weapons had what was called weapon Delay. Which effected when you would recieve your iterative attacks. Instead of getting an extra attack at every plus 5 to you BAB.. Normal speed speed weapons like say a longsword would get an extra attack for every plus 5 to your BAB but a slow weapon like a claymore/ greatsword would only get an attack for every plus 6 or 7 to your BAB... weapon damages had also been modified... There was also a very advanced Haste system that tied into this with multiple levels of Haste that not only could improve your weapon delay but give bonuses to initiative or dex..

All in all i liked The D20 EQ better than the regular D20... It just didnt get enough development because it was canned when EQ2 came out which sucked.