PDA

View Full Version : Creating Rule sets

Dakin Burdick
September 19th, 2009, 00:41
The notes on creating rulesets say,

"Extracting the d20 ruleset files
Bundled with Fantasy Grounds (full license) is a utility program called d20unpak.exe. It is located in the program folder at "C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II". Running this will extract the d20 ruleset files into a folder called "examples" under the application data folder."

I ran this program, but the "Examples" folder did not appear. What do I do now? Is the Examples folder available elsewhere?

Thanks,

Dakin Burdick
[email protected]

Foen
September 19th, 2009, 05:54
Before you can run d20unpak.exe you first need to download the d20.pak file and place it in your FG program folder ("C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II").

d20.pak can be found on the Downloads section of this site, on the right hand side about halfway down the page.

Foen

Foen
September 19th, 2009, 05:55
PS. Welcome to the forums! I hope you have fun creating and modifying rulesets, just shout if you have any questions.

Stuart

Dakin Burdick
September 19th, 2009, 18:27
Ok, got it. Thanks! It successfully unpacked. I'm still pretty bemused as to how to create a token and enter maps, let alone enter a different rule system. But I'll keep working at it. My system is d10 based, with its own combat and magic system, so I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Thanks for your help!

Dakin
[email protected]