PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster "Curse of the Wolf Queen"

Gladmire
September 18th, 2009, 16:39
I am currently looking for a few players for RMC. The adventure is called "Curse of the Wolf Queen" which takes place in a low to mid fantasy setting. Further details can be found on the Game Calander at WWW.Wolfqueenslair.com or you can use this link if that fails

https://sites.google.com/a/wolfqueenslair.com/http-sites-google-com-site-curseofthewolfqueen-home/

If your intrested in playing, making a character or just trying to learn a new system send me a email to [email protected]. I am new to FGII but have been a Rolemaster fan for over 20 years.

Dan

Sigurd
September 18th, 2009, 18:22
What times and time zone are you playing in?

Can't really venture an interest unless we know when you're talking about.

S

Gladmire
September 18th, 2009, 20:40
The next game will be Thursday, Sept 24th at 8pm (EST). Any character creation guidelines can be found under Rolemaster "Curse of the Wolf Queen" in the Calendar or as stated before you can send an email. Times will change each week to accommodate player times.

Culdraug
September 19th, 2009, 01:11
Well, since in the common tongue, Culdraug means Red Wolf, then perhaps I may have some interest.

Mask_of_winter
September 19th, 2009, 04:17
Well, since in the common tongue, Culdraug means Red Wolf, then perhaps I may have some interest.

Sindarin...

Serrith
September 19th, 2009, 05:14
i will not be able to attend the Thursday night game, as I have a game already scheduled at the exact same time and date.

I can make any other day except Sunday.

CyberWyrm
September 20th, 2009, 06:40
I love the Rolemaster system so if you don't mind an online newbie, im in. I'll send you an email.

tenkar
September 21st, 2009, 02:55
If there's space I'd like to join. Just need to ask how long the sessions will last... i tend to fade after 11 or so... its the 5 am alarm clock that does it to me ;)

Only day that is totally out for me is friday nite.

Gladmire
September 25th, 2009, 00:01
Good job on getting your characters done guys, and thank you Kelly for your help. Im looking forward to getting our game on tonight.

Gladmire
September 25th, 2009, 04:31
Good game guys...it was a little rough with the lag but we will work through it. These things happen so dont get frustrated! For all you guys new to rolemaster I hope you enjoyed the system ..its always daunting in the begining but you will get the jist of it.:D See you next game!

Serrith
September 25th, 2009, 06:18
When's the next game again?

I enjoyed the game very much even though I was completely stomped by noob thoughts haha.

Gladmire
September 25th, 2009, 18:55
If you go to the community page and click on the calendar at the bottom you can look up our game sessions/ times/ votes/ ideas ect. Right now I'm aiming for next Saturday but I need everyone to vote on it. As far as you being "A NOOB" I wouldn't worry about it. We are all new..lol...especially me. I use to run RM for over 20yrs and now with FG2 I'm a "NOOB". Kelly gives me crap because I lost my "GEEKNESS"...lol. Well Ive got to tell you..."I want my "GEEKNESS" back..lol.

Mask_of_winter
September 25th, 2009, 19:05
It's obvious you're a good DM Dan. You're just a bit rusty and dusty. Kelly needs to dust you up and oil you up is all. Keep it up tin man! hehe

Gladmire
September 27th, 2009, 15:26
ROFL! You are too kind and tooooo funny. As far as Kelly dusting me off and oiling me up...wellll thats what happens when you get OLD!

Ellyka
September 27th, 2009, 15:34
It's obvious you're a good DM Dan. You're just a bit rusty and dusty. Kelly needs to dust you up and oil you up is all. Keep it up tin man! hehe

*dies laughing* There are just so many sarcastic ways to respond to that but for safety's sake, I'll keep my comments to myself.

Ellyka
September 30th, 2009, 20:27
Next game time is set for Saturday, Oct 3rd starting at 5pm est.

Gladmire
October 2nd, 2009, 21:34
K..Folks if you want a easy load up time I have uploaded the maps on the downloads section of CWQ website. "Say that 3 times fast" Also some new sneak peaks can be found for the next couple of adventures.

Serrith
October 4th, 2009, 19:52
Sorry I didn't make it yesterday, just got FG running up today and everything seems fine. See ya'll next week

Gladmire
October 7th, 2009, 04:58
It's all good. You had given us a heads up with the computer issues. Glad to hear you're up and running again

Ellyka
October 7th, 2009, 14:21
Dan and I will both be gone this coming weekend, Oct. 9th-11th. He is going to set up votes for days and times for the next game soon. It will be for the weekend of the 17th-18th.

Gladmire
October 12th, 2009, 16:18
Recently a question has been brought to my attention. I was asked how do I plan the gaming sessions and at what point do I determine that sessions ending?

Well here is the answer!
I basically look at 1 gaming session as (1) TV Episode. Instead of being a half hour or a 1 hour episode I plan them for 2 hour gaming sessions. Usually there is 27 or 28 TV episodes to a season. I hope to have that many adventures for our "Season". My initial game I ran for you guys was more of a "Pilot Episode". Something to warm everyone up. Its important to note that each "episode" or what I like to call "parts" has a theme or plot that offers character development, player development and story development.
Once each "Part" has been completed it will enhance the players view of the world and overall story development as well as teach the players and GM how to use the system. Once a few "Parts" have been played the players will be able to put them together to figure out what is going on in the Story with each "part" telling a little more.

SOOOOO Ultimately we will have completed a "Campaign" which will be known as "Curse of the Wolf Queen". My objectives for you guys are the following;

1)Have Fun
2)Entertaining Story line
3)Cool Treasure
4)More Cool Treasure
5)High Level characters (at least 15th to 20th)
6)build a fun and relaxed gaming group.

Peace and Hair Grease my gaming brothers (and sisters)
And may the geekiness be with you.

Dan

Serrith
October 12th, 2009, 18:45
/clap Amazing.

Gladmire
October 13th, 2009, 13:41
I'm sending a "All Points Bulletin" to inform everyone about the Wolf Queens Lair website. It has had a complete face lift. This includes easy to follow directory..lol. There is new art, fun story facts, adventure overviews, treasure, encounters ect. The "lair" will be updated after every gaming session and can be used as player information when it comes to historys, lores ect. The painting on the home page is our "Villian" prior to her transformation and loss of immortality....soooo take a look...it wont be long before you encounter her..muhahahaha

Dan

Gladmire
October 16th, 2009, 15:06
Chat Box issues! Sorry folks if you came on and no one was there to greet you for character leveling. The truth was we actually could see you..but could not talk in the chat box. It was like the whole mime in a invisible box thing...very frustrating...lol. So what Im going to do is log on tomorrow morning at approximately 10am and start working on game related material. Are game dose not start till 1pm but none the less I will make every effort tro help you.

Dan

Gladmire
October 17th, 2009, 15:43
Morning folks..todays test of wills is your characters ability to survive nature! You will also be given xp based on your interaction with the NPCs, that means pleanty of roleplaying opportunity! If you are new to this type of roleplaying dont fret....its just another learning aspect of the game that eventually everyone encounters. The more questions and interaction the more xp you will acquire.

Good luck today!
Dan

Gladmire
October 17th, 2009, 21:40
Great game...
You guys cleared 2 parts this evening...which puts us on Part 6. Be sure to check the website for character info I hope to have it up soon.

Gladmire
October 18th, 2009, 02:13
Alright guys a new page has been added to the web site titled "Player Characters". It will offer info about your character including many other things. I may need a little help with some ideas in dealing with these pages so let me know if you have any!

Dan

Gladmire
October 18th, 2009, 03:12
If you guys would send me a Pic of your characters via email. I would like to add it to the Site along with character info.

Dan

Gladmire
October 19th, 2009, 00:51
Character sheets are up for viewing. Go to the main page and click on Player characters. Once there you will see basic info on your character. Click on your characters name and "Walla" your character sheet and Bio will be awaiting you!

Dan

Gladmire
October 21st, 2009, 22:25
Welcome aboard Mer. Be sure to check the game calander and Password to log on the day of play. I will post your character on the Wolf Queens Lair soon so be sure to check for regular updates there also.

Good luck to all (Keep gamin)
Dan

Gladmire
October 24th, 2009, 15:08
bold camp dead bard is the server address for today..good luck to all

Gladmire
October 24th, 2009, 22:31
Ill post the "Nasty" on the lair so if you are intrested you can check it out! Pray to the gods you get some back up.....it could be life threating...lol

Dan

Gladmire
October 28th, 2009, 02:02
New play times have been listed for next gaming session.

Gladmire
November 1st, 2009, 11:37
I will open todays game a hour or so early so if you have any touch ups you can do them.

Gladmire
November 1st, 2009, 15:04
Irikua’s Introduction to Part 6

All other players may read this to understand what has happened while you were away from Ashnan.

This is your re-introduction to part 6. I know you read this part on the web site so this is how I’m going to re-introduce you.

Overview
After resting for approximately 3 days you realize the others went ahead to acquire a special tree known as the Balseam tree. This tree as you already know is a sturdy light wood perfect for building a new barge. The others have at least a half a days lead on you. Kira’san (The village seer) has had a vision! The others are in dire trouble and she foresees they will require your help.
You quickly pack up your gear and carry light for food and water. You practically leave only hours after your friends trying to rush to their aid tracking them to the best of your ability. After a days travel north along the river shores you find what appears to be a worn path lined with old runic stones roughly 2ft tall. You can hear screaming in the distance! You run to the sounds down the over grown path for about 200 yards.
When you arrive on scene it appears either your too late or at the very least in the nick of time!

The stage is set
The path leads you to a small lake filled with marshy out crops. Any movement in here is ˝ movement rate. The mud is thick and dangerous. On a small island sits what appears to be a old wooden and stone hut. To the left of it you see your companions with weapons drawn.
“Korin the damn FOOL! He has tied a rope around his waist and is standing face to face with a beast from the depths of a muddy hell. (Korin is at least 20feet off the shore) The others apparently waded across the marsh to the island and Niah is holding the other end of the rope.

Tatanka’s Introduction
You and Tatanka know each other from around the village. Even though you really never talk to each other you do know his family. Some of his older brothers actually went out on the “Mammoth Hunt” with you several days ago. He has been looking forward to the time when he would be old enough to join in this great ceremony. This small task of retrieving the Balseam tree will be a true test of his ability for next years hunt!

This is where you enter………

Gladmire
November 1st, 2009, 15:06
Irikua’s Introduction to Part 6
All other players may read this to understand what has happened while you were away from Ashnan.

This is your re-introduction to part 6. I know you read this part on the web site so this is how I’m going to re-introduce you.

Overview
After resting for approximately 3 days you realize the others went ahead to acquire a special tree known as the Balseam tree. This tree as you already know is a sturdy light wood perfect for building a new barge. The others have at least a half a days lead on you. Kira’san (The village seer) has had a vision! The others are in dire trouble and she foresees they will require your help.
You quickly pack up your gear and carry light for food and water. You practically leave only hours after your friends trying to rush to their aid tracking them to the best of your ability. After a days travel north along the river shores you find what appears to be a worn path lined with old runic stones roughly 2ft tall. You can hear screaming in the distance! You run to the sounds down the over grown path for about 200 yards.
When you arrive on scene it appears either your too late or at the very least in the nick of time!

The stage is set
The path leads you to a small lake filled with marshy out crops. Any movement in here is ˝ movement rate. The mud is thick and dangerous. On a small island sits what appears to be a old wooden and stone hut. To the left of it you see your companions with weapons drawn.
“Korin the damn FOOL! He has tied a rope around his waist and is standing face to face with a beast from the depths of a muddy hell. (Korin is at least 20feet off the shore) The others apparently waded across the marsh to the island and Niah is holding the other end of the rope.

Tatanka’s Introduction
You and Tatanka know each other from around the village. Even though you really never talk to each other you do know his family. Some of his older brothers actually went out on the “Mammoth Hunt” with you several days ago. He has been looking forward to the time when he would be old enough to join in this great ceremony. This small task of retrieving the Balseam tree will be a true test of his ability for next years hunt!

This is where you enter………

Gladmire
November 8th, 2009, 16:31
Morning all!
We will be running the last parts of Chapter 1 today. The game will start @ 1pm then run for 4 hours with a small break in the middle. I will log on 1 hr early so we can do any touch ups.

Good Luck on todays events...you may need it!.
Dan

Gladmire
November 8th, 2009, 18:37
Our new game time will be at 7pm Nov, 8th 2009. The change is due to player attendance.

sorry about the inconvienence.

Dan:ninja:

Gladmire
November 9th, 2009, 04:39
Well folks...it was a long hall..but you did it. The story and world should have come together for you as you completed Chapter 1. The Wolf Queen is now dead...but you got to wonder...what damage has she caused and what could be coming next? I would like to thank you guys for the opportunity to share this story with you and giving me a chance to hone my FG GMing skills. I will be publishing this whole mod in PDF so you can reflect on your past adventuring. I will also send you regular updates over the next couple of weeks for the next gaming session Chapter 2 "The Long Road to Repentance".

Take care and keep gaming....

Dan

Gladmire
November 23rd, 2009, 16:29
Chapter 2 is up for review...I will be continueing up the game after the holidays if you all are still interested.

Dan

Gladmire
November 27th, 2009, 22:01
On the 1st and 2nd of December I will be holding a open server for character creation and charcter development (for those who need to up their level). Please check the Game Calendar for the times. I will also be answering questions if you have any.

Thanks
Dan:pirate:

Baron_RWS
November 28th, 2009, 22:04
Is this an open campaign that can be joined?

I'm a long time RM gm, leastways I was a decade ago as I slowly rebuild my world for my old players I would love to get involved with a group.

Gladmire
November 29th, 2009, 13:41
I would love to have you join CWQ. I'm actually hosting a character generation and leveling on December 1st and 2nd. As you know making RM characters can be a bit time consuming but non the less fun. You can check out the game calendar for the times. I will also be answering questions about the world surrounding the "Curse of the Wolf Queen" and setting up times to play Chapter 2 "The Long Road to Repentance". You can also Visit WWW.WOLFQUEENSLAIR.com or use the following link to access additional info:

https://sites.google.com/a/wolfqueenslair.com/http-sites-google-com-site-curseofthewolfqueen-home/

Hope to see you soon
Dan

Gladmire
December 8th, 2009, 22:34
A new adventure has been submitted on WWW.Wolfqueenslair.com titled "Turn a Blind Eye" by Coleen Kelly. It can be played as a stand alone adventure or in the world of the Wolf Queen. It has also been submitted to the "VAULT" hopefully it makes the cut. Good luck Coleen...thanks for your hard work. This adventure can be easily converted to FG2 from the website (Just cut and paste).

Dan

gandalf970
December 9th, 2009, 20:47
I am a longtime Rolemaster savant and would love to join, is there any chance I can get in? Never used Fantasy Grounds before, but it looks great!!!!

Gladmire
December 9th, 2009, 23:19
I'm always looking for new players. I do not have a new game set up as of yet due to the amount of projects I have taken on. The Wolf Queens Lair has taken off way beyond my expectations so I hope things will settle down so I can run again. If you can leave me your email so I can update you with the on going setting and game dates.

Thanks
Dan

Gladmire
December 17th, 2009, 00:25
Part 13 is now available at the wolf Queens Lair. PCs can acquire their first magic items in the adventure. New maps and images are also available for personal use.

Thanks
Dan