PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Cache errors

Tenian
September 17th, 2009, 14:32
A husband and wife pair that I play with experience "cache errors" with alarming frequency. These errors seem to happen about 50% of the time. Since there are two players, that means roughly ever session one of them has a corrupted cache and is forced to do a complete ruleset download. A particularly painful process if it happens during a session.

They tell me this errors occur when they connect to other hosts as well. They are using two different machines on the same network, one is wired the other is wireless. The errors will occur on either machine. None of my other players suffer these errors.

Since it appears to be only those two players, and isn't machine specific, my best guess is it is something network related. I'm not sure if there is any more information they could provide (crash logs, settings, etc) to help isolate/correct this problem or if there is some setting/option which may help. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Oberoten
September 17th, 2009, 17:31
Have they tried to turn of the QoS Packet Scheduler?

It tends to change the timing of things and at the least for me caused a lot of crash-outs.

- Obe

Griogre
September 17th, 2009, 22:59
They might also see some improvement if they set their local IPs to be static.