PDA

View Full Version : failure during FG upgrade

longarms
September 17th, 2009, 00:19
Hello - I opened FG to find the "upgrade" button glowing in the lower left hand corner. I pressed upgrade and began the upgrade process, however, before it could complete there was an error of some kind and my only option was to press "done".

Now, when I double click the "FG" shortcut, I get the following error: "Could not load the ruleset root file base.xml Do you want to try reloading the data Yes/No". If I click yes, the same error box pops up. If I click no, as you might imagine, the box closes and nothing further happens. So I cannot run FG in any way until this is resolved.

Can you please help me. I would prefer NOT reinstalling FG again as I had a bunch of data from my campains entered into the program.

Zeus
September 17th, 2009, 07:27
Have you tried re-running the FGII updater, sounds like not all the ruleset files were updated correctly.

longarms
September 17th, 2009, 16:19
"Have you tried re-running the FGII updater"

I'm not certain whether I can access the FGII updater. For example, when I double click the FGII icon I get the error, which I can't get past.

Is there some "updater" I can access independently of launching FGII??? Like a web accessible updater, or a utility or something?

Zeus
September 17th, 2009, 16:34
"Have you tried re-running the FGII updater"

I'm not certain whether I can access the FGII updater. For example, when I double click the FGII icon I get the error, which I can't get past.

Is there some "updater" I can access independently of launching FGII??? Like a web accessible updater, or a utility or something?

You should find a Fantasy Grounds II Updater in the FGII Program Group under the Start button.

This is just a shortcut to the updater executable which can be found at C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe

Hope that helps.

Tenian
September 17th, 2009, 17:01
You could try switching back and forth between the Release and Test versions using the tool in this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9966

Switching versions forces an update. I'm not sure if it will work in your particular case but it might be worth a try.

One thing to note, a lot of people with update problems seem to have problems with their serial numbers. Apparently an older version of FGII and the current version treat serial numbers with dashes and without dashes as different (i.e. the old version accepted either form, the new version accepts only one). If you search around you can probably find a post or two on how to locate this information in the registry and make sure you have the correct format.

longarms
September 18th, 2009, 02:39
"You should find a Fantasy Grounds II Updater in the FGII Program Group under the Start button.

This is just a shortcut to the updater executable which can be found at C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe

Hope that helps. "

You fixed it. Thank you very much.