PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to connection test

Marius4560
September 16th, 2009, 21:57
Hi. I am running the latest version of fantasy grounds 2. I purchased the full version.
But I cant even connect to the connection test. It fails every time. I have opened the 1802 port, and tried to switch off the firewall altogether, but I still can not connect...
Have anyone here been through the same problems, and have any tips?

I am running Vista, and i have an Inteno X5668 DSL Router. I am using wireless internett.

Any respond is much appreciated :)

Thanks
Marius

joshuha
September 16th, 2009, 22:07
When you say "opened" what do you mean? Normally you need to forward the port. Since you are on wireless this usually means your internal IP on your network can change frequently unless you do something like register your MAC address. So essentially on your router config page you need to forward port 1802 to the internal IP on your computer which may change frequently.

Griogre
September 17th, 2009, 22:55
Thus you should assign yourself a static local IP address on your router in addition to forwarding 1802.

FYI cutting off your firewall "locks" your firewall settings making it impossible to update them and having no effect on port settings. Generally speaking you probably have at least two firewall also - one in your router and one on your computer.

Marius4560
September 19th, 2009, 15:26
the problem is, I cant assign a static ip adress to any of my computers...

When I try, it says (translated from norwegian :)) "Warning! Standard gateway cant be found on the networksegment that is defined by the IP adress and the networkmask. Do you want to save this configuration?"

Even though I try gateways 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.4.

Leonal
September 19th, 2009, 23:28
I haven't used that router before, but if you haven't tried it then this manual might help. I don't think you should need to change the gateway to have static IPs though.

https://www.netmedia.fi/pdf/Inteno_Manual_X5668_X5668U_Eng_PA1.pdf

Lykke til!