PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds ruleset v3

Mask_of_winter
September 16th, 2009, 06:53
When can we expect to receive info concerning the upgrading of the Savage Worlds ruleset?

According to savageworldsonline it is out and the ruleset has been forwarded to SmiteWorks. I bought the v2 through this site and would like to know when I can get my hands on it.

Thanks

Thore_Ironrock
September 16th, 2009, 12:00
When can we expect to receive info concerning the upgrading of the Savage Worlds ruleset?

According to savageworldsonline it is out and the ruleset has been forwarded to SmiteWorks. I bought the v2 through this site and would like to know when I can get my hands on it.

Thanks

For those that purchased the ruleset via the FG store, those upgrades are being handled by SmiteWorks. Unfortunately, I do not have control over their store. I'll email them to find out a status.

Ged
September 16th, 2009, 12:14
The upgrades were emailed earlier today. Sorry for any inconveniences the delay may have caused.

Mask_of_winter
September 16th, 2009, 13:46
Thank you. I received the email this morning.

Monkeyboy
September 21st, 2009, 20:11
The new version looks great, but I can't open old campaigns. I can start new ones, but when attempting to open campaigns created with version 2 I get "Can not load rulset base xml."

Is there something wrong, or just not backward campaign compatability?

Thanks,

mark

Mask_of_winter
September 21st, 2009, 20:15
you have to edit the campaign.xml file for each of your campaigns... where it says "Savage Worlds", you have to add the "3"

I dont know if that's gonna fix it for you but it did for me

Monkeyboy
September 21st, 2009, 20:26
Thanks much Mask, that was it.

Mask_of_winter
September 23rd, 2009, 02:45
Something is wrong and I dont know what causes it.

Twice now I've had guys come back to re-enter their character (server character). I made a back up of the campaign. When I log back on, all their characters disapears, along with personalities, vehicules, etc.

Like I said, I was careful to make a back up this time and its like all that data didnt even save up.

Anybody have any idea what that may be causing that?

Foen
September 23rd, 2009, 06:14
You may have a bad character in the campaign file somewhere, including angle-brackets, ampersands or non-latin characters.

Also if you are trying to run an old SW campaign under SW3, by editing the campaign.xml file, that may cause problems. Although it may work initially, it is not generally good advice since the rulesets haven't been designed to be data-compatible. Should a field with the same name have different data types between SW and SW3, it will certainly be an issue.

Foen

Mask_of_winter
September 23rd, 2009, 17:53
Thank you. That was very insightful. I'll start over with a new campaign created for SW3 and see what happens.

Doswelk
September 23rd, 2009, 19:24
You may have a bad character in the campaign file somewhere, including angle-brackets, ampersands or non-latin characters.

Also if you are trying to run an old SW campaign under SW3, by editing the campaign.xml file, that may cause problems. Although it may work initially, it is not generally good advice since the rulesets haven't been designed to be data-compatible. Should a field with the same name have different data types between SW and SW3, it will certainly be an issue.

Foen

When we (Me and my group not Digital Adventures) were play-testing the DEV version we did find the odd strange issue if you just changed the db.xml but it was not consistent between modules / extensions, (also a lot of mine were hand-coded by me for one shots so not checked/tested like the official releases!)

I just create a new campaign with the new ruleset and then manually added the PCs to it....