PDA

View Full Version : BRP Ruleset?

Casimir
September 15th, 2009, 22:34
At the risk of showing that I have been unsuccessful in doing a search for it, I was wondering if there is a FGII Basic Role Playing (BRP) ruleset available anywhere? If there is I'd really like to get my hands on it.

Thanks.

Foen
September 16th, 2009, 06:29
There isn't a BRP ruleset, but there *is* a Call of Cthulhu one, and that uses the same game mechanics (except hit locations and fatigue).

The CoC one is a commercial ruleset produced by DA for Chaosium, and can be found in the FG store here, the DA site (www.digitaladventures.net) and elsewhere (I think DriveThruRPG and/or RPGNow sell rulesets).

By way of full disclosure, I do freelance work for DA and had a large part in the CoC ruleset.

Stuart

Valarian
September 16th, 2009, 10:46
Foen, any plans to modify the Cthulhu ruleset for the recently released Eclipse Phase?
It's a d100 based game, but with a lot of additions.

Foen
September 16th, 2009, 14:46
I think EP looks too different ro justify a modification. It would be better to start from afresh.

Also, the IP for CoC and that for EP vest with different parties, so a commercial ruleset conversion might be problematic.

Stuart

Vudo
March 26th, 2010, 06:23
Foen is doing a BRP ruleset ... will be finished soon, they are currently playtesting it :p

ddavison
March 26th, 2010, 21:08
It is actually finished and we are just awaiting a final approval from Chaosium before we can release it for sale.

-Doug

Vudo
March 27th, 2010, 00:24
It is actually finished and we are just awaiting a final approval from Chaosium before we can release it for sale.

-Doug

Excellent news! Thanks guys! :D

drahkar
March 27th, 2010, 02:39
Eclipse Phase was released by the same company that publishes Shadowrun. For those who didn't know.

Foen
March 27th, 2010, 07:02
Although the BRP ruleset is nearing publication, I still think Eclipse Phase is too different to play using BRP. There are no traditional characteristics (such as STR, DEX, CON) for example.

Vudo
March 27th, 2010, 07:33
Although the BRP ruleset is nearing publication, I still think Eclipse Phase is too different to play using BRP. There are no traditional characteristics (such as STR, DEX, CON) for example.

well, you could convert the setting to BRP, using Allegiances for the different Status. Don't know what to do with these Edges or what ever they are called, though.

Foen
March 27th, 2010, 07:46
True, but then you could equally convert it to another sstem. Having a native EP ruleset is a bit different from a setting conversion, though, and I was just being careful not to set any false expectations for the BRP ruleset. It is darn flexible, but not that darn flexible ;)

tRens
January 2nd, 2011, 08:39
An Eclipse Phase ruleset would be awesome!

Vudo
January 2nd, 2011, 09:29
An Eclipse Phase ruleset would be awesome!

Eclipse Phase does not have anything in common with BRP, except both systems use percentages to express skills. ;)

Blackfoot
June 23rd, 2011, 06:03
Any chance that any of the cool new features in v2.8 (especially the targeting stuff) will be added to the BRP ruleset?