PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft RPG (GMT+2)

Ikael
September 11th, 2009, 22:05
Hi, everybody I have been planning on running a CJ Carrela's Witchcraft campaign that would start within this month. At this point I have no idea about the schedules but the most optimal time would one session (3-5 hours) per week and my GMT is +2 (Bloody finn!). I would be using custom made Unisystem ruleset and I have a general core witchcraft rulebook module (the witchcraft rulebook can be downloaded freely from following url: https://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/).

There is no prerequisites about the unisystem (lite-and-easy system) or witchcraft and the campaign is beginner-friendly as I still consider myself a FG beginner (less then 1-2 years of experience is never enough). Sometimes as a player it's even more interesting not to know about the world of witchcraft because you are yet to discover things that you should fear...

The campaign itself would be about magic, dark secrets and fighting against the reckoning in our modern world.

So now I am just gathering general interests toward such an campaign.

Valarian
September 11th, 2009, 22:43
If you could arrange a game around 8pm UK time and avoid Friday or Sunday, I'd be interested. A tall order I know with the time difference, but I'm limited on availability.

Mono
September 12th, 2009, 00:05
Count me in I'm GMT and a start time of around 8pm is cool for me too, anything but a Friday

Ikael
September 12th, 2009, 09:52
8pm (at GMT+0) is pausible starting time in my current schedule (as long as I don't have to go to work at 8am) and I would also like to avoid gaming at Fridays. So far I am expecting 3-5 players to this campaign because I like to concentrate on characters and their development between affairs with others (overcrowd number of players would make that too complex and time consuming).

I would also like to note that because this is beginner-friendly I think I will restrict Association selection to solitaire for most of players. In addition because this is not about powergaming or contest (some) players would have different amount character points to spend on their character creation. The range would be from 50 to 80 points. I hope this is ok for everybody, if not then we will use the same amount of points for everyone.

Valarian
September 12th, 2009, 19:59
I presume the point allocation will be GMs discretion based on the character concept description we come up with. Incentive for coming up with an interesting concept. It may be fairer to allocate everyone 70 points, but I'm game.

Ikael
September 12th, 2009, 21:05
After second thoughts, I also believe that the same amount of starting character points for every player is the better option. I am thinking about 70-points start, because it gives better starting balance than regular 80-points. I have also invited two people of my local gaming group to join to game, so thus far we would have 4 players.

In addition, I attached a ruleset usermanual (pdf) to this message, so it can be found from here when needed.

Valarian
September 12th, 2009, 21:51
I think an 80 point character is probably better left to Armageddon. Tuesday or Saturday night is possibly best for me, though any night other than Friday and Sunday can be accommodated.

Thembo
September 13th, 2009, 17:48
I'm in! any day is fine by me

Valarian
September 13th, 2009, 20:08
That's the five. Looks like we've got a game, if we can find a day when Ikael won't be keeling over with exhaustion at the end of the session :)

Ikael
September 13th, 2009, 20:15
Actually that's four, Thembo happen to be one of those two local friends of mine (a brother actually). But four is good number to start the game. I will start looking my schedules tomorrow.

Ikael
September 14th, 2009, 17:32
I did enter the game to campaign calendar: Witchcraft: A Touch of Reckoning.

About the schedules, Saturday is the best day for gaming and Thusday could be good plan-B day (meaning that for any reason, if there won't be gaming at saturday, the next try could be on the next thusday), doesn't that sound like a plan? Is this ok for everyone? Ah and yes, the starting time (for saturdays/thusdays) would be 8pm UK time (meaning that finnish people would start at 22:00). Please note me if these time won't fit for you.

The first gaming day (for majority) would be 26th this month, but I can arrange character creation time this week's saturday (19th day). Is that ok for everyone?

Valarian
September 14th, 2009, 19:49
Sounds like a plan to me ... Saturdays, or Thursdays as a backup.

What will be the setting for the game? Are we looking at the standard interpretation of the US, or something closer to home?

Ikael
September 16th, 2009, 08:59
The campaign will start in east cost of the US around/near New Jersey in the year (around) 2005 but I haven't locked out possibilities to to extend the setting to europe. This far we have 3 accepted players and there are 2 free player-slots open for anyone interested.

Ikael
September 18th, 2009, 10:57
Interested people should join in through Campaig Calander. The game has name 'Witchcraft: A Touch of Reckoning' and gaming time is 8pm UK time in Saturdays. Next Saturday will be the character creation day and possibly the campaign will be initialized. Of course it's possible that new players will join the campaign later. There is still place for 2 players...

Ikael
September 19th, 2009, 11:34
Tonight/Today is the first gaming day, which was meant to be character creation day, but as the majority of players have already characters we might be able to start playing tonight.

lazareth1
September 19th, 2009, 17:01
Are you still looking for players?

Ikael
September 19th, 2009, 17:05
Yes, just jump in if you want. Tonight/Today 8pm UK time and please join in using the campaign calendar.

EDIT: I will start hosting half an hour beforehand.

Ikael
March 8th, 2010, 19:32
Hi, everyone this game had been frozen for 4 ugly months because of rought study-work schedules and lack of free-time. However, I am getting my hands dirty again (in a good way) and restarting the campaign if there is still interested players. I quess the schedule should be reworked completely, but at least I would like to hear if there is interest in this campaign?

Valarian
March 9th, 2010, 11:36
Sounds good to me.

Ikael
March 13th, 2010, 21:09
I have been able to receive response from four players (lacks only one), so we will be continuing this campaign. The time schedule can be the same as previous (Thursday 20:00 GMT+0) unless changes are wanted.

Sadly next thursday most of us (including me) will be away so the next session can be arranged on 25th day (unless the schedule will change to other day than thursday-saturday).

Personally I am ok with any schedules times at the moment. More about final schedules on the game calendar!

Ikael
July 22nd, 2010, 16:40
Ladies and gentleman, 13th session of this game is starting tonight/today. I am also accepting new players to join the campaign as the lifecycle goes on and some character have "retired"

Ikael
July 22nd, 2010, 17:29
[edit ]DOUBLE-POST