PDA

View Full Version : Hamachi troubles + another question

Zilcho
September 8th, 2009, 17:21
I'm having some trouble here, trying to use FG2 with hamachi but when I host it shows my local IP instead of my Hamachi one.

Also for the Savage world ruleset I'm having problems with char creation, when I pick up the dice to roll stats they wont save to the char, what am I doing wrong?

Astinus
September 9th, 2009, 18:41
I use Hamachi to host. When your players login to FGII, just make sure they enter your Hamachi IP, not your local or the alias. Or are you doing that already? If so, more detail would help.

Zeus
September 9th, 2009, 20:42
I'm having some trouble here, trying to use FG2 with hamachi but when I host it shows my local IP instead of my Hamachi one.

Also for the Savage world ruleset I'm having problems with char creation, when I pick up the dice to roll stats they wont save to the char, what am I doing wrong?

Are you refering to the External Address listing in the FGII Load Campaign window?

Now I could be very wrong here as I don't personally use Hamachi, however if your are refering to the above I would have thought this as normal as FGII won't be 'Hamachi' aware.

Zilcho
September 10th, 2009, 10:22
I got it to work, earlier my friends couldnt connect even with my hamachi ip but even thou my local still shows up they can conect. :) problem solved.

JMOxx75
December 22nd, 2009, 02:11
what is the benefit of using Hamachi?

unerwünscht
December 22nd, 2009, 02:44
what is the benefit of using Hamachi?

If you are behind a firewall that you do not have direct control of, you can use Hamachi to circumvent the required ports for connection.

Red_Avatar
December 22nd, 2009, 05:11
Am I correct in assuming the others don't need Hamachi to connect to you? Because at work there's a strong firewall and I want to have a game during breaks.

unerwünscht
December 22nd, 2009, 05:27
I have never used Hamachi but it is my understanding that it is advanced VPN software, so yes all people involved would need to be running hamachi. Also if your works firewall is that strong you may want to ask your IT department. I strong network logs activity, and you may be putting yourself in a position where your job could be in jeopardy. For instance running hamachi on a government system could land you in a lot of trouble.

Red_Avatar
December 22nd, 2009, 05:46
I have never used Hamachi but it is my understanding that it is advanced VPN software, so yes all people involved would need to be running hamachi. Also if your works firewall is that strong you may want to ask your IT department. I strong network logs activity, and you may be putting yourself in a position where your job could be in jeopardy. For instance running hamachi on a government system could land you in a lot of trouble.
Actually I'm the only one here who knows anything about computers :D . The firewall was installed a few years ago and no-one really looks after it any more. We even have trouble getting updates for our software because too many ports are blocked and no-one knows how to access it.

If everyone needs Hamachi, it isn't going to be worth using then. Explaining to everyone how to use VPN software is going to take too much effort.

Bert Blaine
December 31st, 2009, 16:52
Hamachi is to easy to explain
download
install
join my room
here is my name and password
minimize
open FG2
join my ip address located in hamachi

JMOxx75
January 3rd, 2010, 17:22
So if I am connected to a game via Hamachi and I keep dropping what/how should I troubleshoot this on my end (client not host).

When I try to ping the person hosting the game in Hamachi (direct tunnel) my request times out however when I try to ping a person in Hamachi (relayed tunnel) I get a response.