PDA

View Full Version : Dark*Matter

davidgpedersen
September 6th, 2009, 17:19
I've run a few D&D 4e adventures with my 8 year old using FG2 and it is fantastic. We're having a ball with it. I'm now interesting in running through a few Dark*Matter modules (a few from magazines and maybe The Killing Jar). Any advice on which ruleset I might purchase or use that would make it the easiest on myself for the conversion? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Doswelk
September 7th, 2009, 01:30
I've run a few D&D 4e adventures with my 8 year old using FG2 and it is fantastic. We're having a ball with it. I'm now interesting in running through a few Dark*Matter modules (a few from magazines and maybe The Killing Jar). Any advice on which ruleset I might purchase or use that would make it the easiest on myself for the conversion? Thanks in advance.

Dave
AH Dark*Matter my favorite campaign!

I have played Dark Matter with Alternity/D20 Modern (before the D20 version came out) and now we play with Savage Worlds.

To my knowledge there is not a Alternity rule set (I wrote a D20 Modern Ruleset for FG1 just to play Dark Matter) and my first "job" at Digital Adventures was creating a D20 Modern ruleset for FGII.

BUT Dark*Matter (in my opinion) can be run in any modern/generic rpg system, the thing about Dark*Matter (to me anyway) is that game mechanics should come second to the story.

These days I play Savage Worlds (when I DM) as the system is quick an easy and adaptable.

So in the end pick a system you (and your players) know well, and use that.

davidgpedersen
September 7th, 2009, 01:49
Thank you for that. I picked up the d20 modern ruleset from Digital Adventures today, so hopefully I am supporting some of your hard work.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I don't know anything about the nWoD setting. I see that it is by Monte Cook, one of the d20 Modern Dark*Matter authors. Is it the next generation of Dark*Matter and is that ruleset something I should explore for this sort of thing?

Dave