PDA

View Full Version : Necropolis 2350

Mask_of_winter
September 5th, 2009, 22:23
What is Necropolis 2350?

Necropolis 2350 is a sci-fi horror setting set in the 24th century. In these dark days, mankind, divided into two main camps, stands on the brink of extinction.

The focus of the game is on Knights of the fictional Third Reformation Church, who are locked in desperate battle against "undead" invaders known as the Rephaim. While the heroes of humanity use advanced weapons and vehicles and can call upon the power of faith, the twisted Rephaim are masters of necromancy and wield vile technology created from living tissue.
Knights belong to an Order. Impalers, Incinerators, Lazarites, Templars, Preachers or Penitent. Their Order grant them a special training.

Knights also have a job within their Order. Chaplain (cleric), Infantry, Infantry support, Assault trooper, Combat medic, Combat engineer, Vehicle crew, Scout and Senior Knight.

It is largely a military campaign setting. According to the corebook anyway. However, I will introduce Inquisition elements, investigation and roleplaying using the Interlude rules recently released on Pinnacles' website.

I will be using the Savage Worlds ruleset for this.

I am in the GMT -5 time zone. My schedule is very flexible right now.

Let me know if you're interested. I am an experienced GM and I welcome players of any age and any skill set or experience level.

If you want to have fun killing undeads in a gritty setting, come on in!

Dagnalis
September 5th, 2009, 22:32
This sounds like alot of fun i'm in GMT -8 time zone so most weekdays are good for me after 4 and anytime on the weekend is fine.

ProfMarks
September 6th, 2009, 03:16
Mask,

I'd love to be included in the game as well. Any Savage Worlds game is a good one. One being run by someone with experience is even better. Necropolis is a great setting and our time zones are pretty much in sync. I look forward to more info.

Mask_of_winter
September 6th, 2009, 15:19
As soon as we can get enough people together (I'd like 4 players minimum) we can set a day of the week and time. Right now I'm aiming for a Saturday afternoon. That way, people from the US and Europe can join.

So far, Dagnalis and ProfMarks are interested. Who else?

Mask_of_winter
September 8th, 2009, 21:02
For those who wishes to learn more about Necropolis try out this link (https://www.tripleacegames.com/Necropolis.php) .

I see a lot of players looking for a game these days. If you want to experience something fast paced and cinematic, you want to give Savage Worlds and one of its several exciting settings a try. Necropolis is one of them.

Velocinox
September 9th, 2009, 02:47
CT/UTC -6 here, and I would like to throw my hat into this ring. It sounds like a great setting.

mr_h
September 9th, 2009, 03:18
Sounds like an interesting campaign, and I've wanted to learn Savage Worlds...but Saturday afternoons are sometimes iffy for me (and I cant always do 'every week'). :( When you iron out a schedule I'll take a peek again:)

mac40k
September 9th, 2009, 18:46
I own everything released for Necropolis and would love to be able to play. I've been looking for a game for a couple of months now and Savage Worlds would be my preferred system. I'm GMT-5 as well, so this is very interesting to me. Unfortunately, Monday or Wednesday evenings would work best for me. Saturday afternoons would be more difficult. It would really depend on what specific hours are chosen and even then I'd have a harder time commiting to weekly.

Mask_of_winter
September 9th, 2009, 22:15
I do not intend to run this every week. I understand that some of you cant realistically commit to a weekly game.

The missions will be short and should be completed in the alloted 3 or 4 hours of game time. So it wont be a big deal if 1 or 2 of you can't show up one given Saturday. 3 to 6 characters at a time is enough to form a good group. The only character that would be missed is the Senior Knight.

If you do not think you can make it 50% of the time please dont fill a role that would be missed like a Senior Knight, Chaplain or Knight combat medic.

Right now I'm working on a module that will help guide you through character creation. I should be done with it tomorrow.

If you are still interested in playing Necropolis 2350, pm me your email addy so I can send you the package.

We're looking at Saturday 12pm-4pm time (EST) Right now, my Monday and Wednesday evenings are taken but it might change in the near future.

I plan on making this Saturday the 12th afternoon available for character creation. If we have enough time I'm willing to run a mock combat for those unfamiliar with the Savage Worlds rules.

A copy of the Savage World Test Drive rules can be downloaded for free here (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/TD06.pdf).

Looking forward to hear back from you.

Eric aka Mask_of_winter

DemonEyes
September 10th, 2009, 05:13
Quote: If you want to have fun killing undeads in a gritty setting, come on in!

:O why didnt you say so at the top of the post :P.. always love killing undead :)...

Have no idea about this necropolis though :(.. Have heard of it but never seen it.

Count me in (but guide me through :P :)

Now lets get killing some undead :P

Mask_of_winter
September 10th, 2009, 21:34
Alright, so Dagnalis and ProfMarks have confirmed their interest to play.

For the others in the thread, if you are still interested please PM me to confirm and give me your email address.

I will hold a session for character creation, coaching, mock combat and to get to know each other this coming Saturday 12pm EST (GMT -5)

Darkmind
September 10th, 2009, 22:11
Well this sounds like fun!! I'm new to FG and never heard of Nercopolis. But a badass cleric type in zombieland sounds like a wet dream come true. If you are still looking for players and Don't mind a nooob Send me a message

mr_h
September 11th, 2009, 00:53
We're looking at Saturday 12pm-4pm time (EST) Right now, my Monday and Wednesday evenings are taken but it might change in the near future.

Sadly that time won't work for me, most afternoons don't. Bah:(

Mask_of_winter
September 11th, 2009, 15:39
I'm sorry for those who couldnt make Saturday afternoon happen. Perhaps you and I will cross path again in the near future.

Looks like we got 4 players ready to kick some zombie ***! Any chance you guys can get on the server today to make your character? I'm available all day. If you are available, let me know what time of day works for you and I'll find a time slot that fits everybody's schedule. That way we could start the first mission tomorrow.

ProfMarks
September 11th, 2009, 16:47
I can be on later in the afternoon, like 3:00 EST or around then. Need to finish reviewing the Necro material and finish up a character concept

Mask_of_winter
September 11th, 2009, 16:49
Sounds good. The server is up right now. Check the calendar for log in info.

glacius
September 15th, 2009, 01:55
I am very exited about this setting and savage worlds is one of my favorite systems to play in, if I can join. I will grab the pdfs and join you guys.

Let me know

thanks

Mask_of_winter
September 15th, 2009, 02:50
I will be running a second Necropolis group on Wednesdays from 7-11 pm. So those who couldnt make it Saturdays but still wish they could make it, here's your chance!

Send me a pm and I'll fill you in with the details.

Dagnalis
September 15th, 2009, 03:27
are we still on for saturday at 12 though?

ProfMarks
September 15th, 2009, 03:28
Highly recommend anyone considering the game, to sign on with Mask. Top notch GM.

Mask_of_winter
September 15th, 2009, 03:41
Thanks ProfMarks.

And yes Dag, Saturday at 12! Be there! Read up on the announcements in the calendar.

philth
September 16th, 2009, 19:15
I'd be interested in the wednesday night 7-11pm -5gmt game. Ran Necropolis once and have a lot of the material, would like to actually get a chance to play it. I'll send over a pm

VarnFury
September 16th, 2009, 22:52
Philth is awesome in my books from old days of SW, hit him up MoW :p

Mask_of_winter
September 16th, 2009, 23:19
Yeah, he'll be joining us.

But remember Philth, no 2351-55 update. Not yet anyway.

Dagnalis
September 17th, 2009, 01:22
So I get to control how many people now?

Mask_of_winter
September 17th, 2009, 01:36
you aint controlling nobody if you dont confirm your presence on the calendar hehe

Dagnalis
September 17th, 2009, 03:20
Fine..now how many people?

philth
September 17th, 2009, 04:18
Philth is awesome in my books from old days of SW, hit him up MoW :p
thanks Varn :)

mac40k
September 17th, 2009, 17:37
You indicated that you would be running another game on Wed nights, but I see on the game calendar that the Wed night sessions are listed as part of the same game (along with a mid-day session as well). So in effect will there be three weekly sessions of the same game and folks can join any or all as schedules permit rather than different campaigns (necessitating different characters)?

glacius
September 17th, 2009, 18:34
My schedule has opened up and I would definitely like to jump on an evening weds game

Mask_of_winter
September 17th, 2009, 19:24
I'm using the same calendar for the Saturday and Wednesday game.

Saturdays 12-4pm
VarnFury
Dagnalis
ProfMarks
DemonEyes
Darkmind

Wednesdays 7-11pm
Glacius
Philth
VarnFury
Drewno

So Mac40k... the choice is yours but you would be more needed in the Wednesday game. Besides, in your previous posts you stated that you could more easily work Wednesday evenings in your schedule than Saturdays.

VarnFury made two characters, one for each session, but it is not necessary. One is fine.

I know Philth put a date and time on the schedule in the calendar but I would imagine it is to make his character.

I will most likely put the server up later tonight (around 9pm) so Glacius can make his character. If someone else needs to use the server check, or pm me. The alias is in the calendar if you check carefully.

I hope that clarifies things and answered your questions.

mac40k
September 17th, 2009, 20:17
OK, I'm down for Wed and removed myself from Sat.

philth
September 18th, 2009, 16:36
no the 12am was an error, but I couldn't change it afterwards. I'm down for the 8pm game on Wednesday as that nights chaplain, unless another chaplain is joining in which case I'm willing to fill in what ever roll the party needs.

Mask_of_winter
September 18th, 2009, 23:42
Looks like the Padre spot is yours Philth. When is a good time for you to enter your character?

And by the way, when I type in 7pm EST the calendar shows its 8pm. So in case some of you are confused, it is indeed 7PM EST on Wednesday.

Lysander
September 19th, 2009, 04:18
I initially thought I wouldn't have Wednesday nights open, but I'd like to give this a try.

My pluses:
I know Philth, Glacius, Mac40k and Varnfury (they might even vouch for me)

I love SW and want to take any opportunity I can to play it...

My negatives:
I don't know jack about Necropolis, so I'd need to play something that's not critical (red shirt, meat shield, ensign insignificant) until I get my bearings in this strange new world.

I'd need some players guide love...

I wouldn't be able to start until 6:30pm CST (with a short break at about 8:30pm for family concerns).

I'm going to find and post on your game calender, but if my limitations are gonna throw you off, let me know. (I can take it!)

glacius
September 19th, 2009, 16:25
I have played with Lysander b4,very cool dude and know the SW system very well,helped out a bunch in our two campaigns.

Mask_of_winter
September 19th, 2009, 16:45
cool, looking forward to play with you guys!

philth
September 22nd, 2009, 20:50
My pluses:
I know Philth, Glacius, Mac40k and Varnfury (they might even vouch for me)

Vouch, look forward to gaming with some of our old savage wednesday crew, should be a hoot :)

philth
September 23rd, 2009, 04:23
Hey guys I just made up my pc, An Incinerator Chaplain and wrote a little background for him. Hope you all enjoy!

As a child Phil lived in a small village that was attacked by Rephaim. During the conflict his parents perished then the Flamers came in and started purging all the Rephaim in flame. Instead of running the child Phil was drawn to the spectacle of the burning undead ranks. To close to the battle he was when a Flechette round struck the cannister on the back of a Infantry Support Knight armed with a flamethrower. The resulting explosion causing the scars on his face that he always hides under a mask till this day. Scarred and wounde he lay on the battle field as he witnessed the Rephaim ranks pushing against the Ordo Sacrae Flamulae when he felt the hand of God reach into him and he lashed out with the lords Holy Flame on the undead while in a trance like state of ectasy. Exhausted his little body colapsed on the battle field. The Incinerators joyous in victory claimed the child and he was raised in the busom of the church, a loyal chaplain of the Ordo Sacrae Flamulae.

Mask_of_winter
September 23rd, 2009, 18:07
Nice job Philth!

Serrith
September 23rd, 2009, 20:49
If you have any more room in your Wed night game, I am looking for a Wed night game at the moment.

I am learning the Savage Worlds ruleset at the moment in another game so I should pick up the setting fast!

E-mail me at Mrodcon24@gmail. com or reply here if there's room. :)

-Mario

philth
September 24th, 2009, 00:05
is the server up? I cant get on....is there still a game tonight?

Mask_of_winter
September 27th, 2009, 20:34
In case some of you have subscribed to this thread, the server is up now and ready for testing.

Mask_of_winter
November 1st, 2009, 01:48
We're a group of 4 mature laidback players and a GM looking for 1 or 2 more guys to join us on Wednesdays from 7h30 until 11pm EST for a Necropolis 2350 game using the Savage Worlds ruleset.

Contact me if interested.

Mask_of_winter
November 4th, 2009, 22:49
If you like to mow down hordes of zombies with your rifle or molecular sword then Necropolis is for you!

We have one more spot available.

Wednesday from 7h30 until 11pm EST.

ReikaMichiko
November 4th, 2009, 23:15
Hey, never played this type of game before, but if you could give me the core books, sounds like fun.