PDA

View Full Version : new to FG looking to play d&d3.5 or gurps 4ed campain

rbsk210
September 4th, 2009, 09:33
new to FG looking to play d&d3.5 or gurps Ed campaign i have played d&d once in the past I'm still a beginner would like to learn how to play it on FG i have not figured how to make a char i would like if someone could go over creating a char for me and play in a campaign I'm still kind of new to playing d&d i would like to learn i have been playing gurps for over a year and i would like to give d&d3.5 a try I'm willing to play any char i do have the d&d3.5 players handbook I'm free just about any day except for Saturdays my time is PST (GMT-8) i can play any time i don't mined staying up late thank you hope to play with you guys soon:)

i would like to play gurps on FG have another group to play with i have been playing gurps 4th ed bainstorm TL with a starting char with 150 point and -50 disadvantages the type of char i like playing are mages or fighters. and do like playing it in RL i would like to learn to play it on FG i have never gm I'm not good with creating a campaign so i can't run one i wish i could

thank you
rbsk210

Andrepartthree
September 4th, 2009, 14:44
I'd recommend looking over the posts here and PMing the DM directly asking to join a game ... if you can PM them a short character description (race, class, gender, and some background history, stats if the DM specifies starting character class level) that greatly increases the chances that the DM will shoot a reply back to you. This probably goes without saying :p but make sure you double check to see if it's a 3rd or 4th edition D&D game (it's usually right there in the post) before you send your character's stats to make sure you're sending the right ones :) ...

It's been my experience that fellow FG players are pretty good about helping out a new FG player till they learn how the program works :) .. if you click on "downloads" and "community tutorials" (when you first go to www.fantasygrounds.com you should see "downloads" up at the top) Xorn has some great tutorials that walk you through the FG program