PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Edit Personality Fields?

Syrillion
September 4th, 2009, 02:36
I don't understand how I am supposed to create personalities for my game. I can create a new entry and give it a name and drag dice rolls to the HP and edit the Hit Dice field, but I cannot edit the personality's Abilities??? Assuming this is the basis for other calulations. I cannot drag dice rolls to these fields either. What am I missing?

Leonal
September 4th, 2009, 05:08
Not sure which ruleset you are using, but I always either type out directly or copy parts of statblocks from bought pdfs (with some tweaking to make it correct) to the personality fields when using d20_JPG.

Syrillion
September 6th, 2009, 21:34
I have tried Foundation, 3.5 and D20.

If I drag a monster from a rulebook into a personality sheet, how can I modify abilities? Also, how can I modify the attack field? I modified it once and it no longer became draggable to the chat window for easy attacking. When I looked at the XML file it was identical in syntax to the Full Attack field which I did not modify, but worked fine.

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2009, 23:29
I just tried in the Foundation ruleset with the 3.5 extension, and I was able to modify both the attack field and the ability scores after dropping from a module.

A few notes:
* The ability score fields do not highlight when they have the focus on the Personality sheet. You just click on them, and type in the numbers. You can also use the mouse scroll wheel.
* The number pad keys do not allow you to enter numbers in FG. They are used as shortcut keys.
* The Attack field requires a very specific format to highlight attacks. When you modify the fields, even little changes may throw off the highlighting.

Finally, the d20_JPG ruleset can be found here, if you want to try my version of a 3.5E D&D ruleset with more features.
https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/62-DD+3rd+Edition+FG+Development

Cheers,
JPG

Griogre
September 10th, 2009, 00:33
Also you can't edit library entries. You need to drag them into the personality list to make a copy of the library entry - which you can then edit.