PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Classic

Mask_of_winter
September 3rd, 2009, 22:21
I don't know if you have noticed but a new ruleset has been made available to the community earlier this week.

Being old school and having ran Rolemaster 2nd edition for several years as a teen I had to purchase the Rolemaster Classic ruleset and check out what the designers had done to digitalize this game.

I am truly impressed with what they've accomplished. It comes with all the modules you need to play, a very functional combat tracker, GM tools and an effecient, clean and automated character sheet. A lot of the extensive book keeping, chart consulting and mental math processing needed to run this game is resolved with a click of a button! Amazing.

That said, it rekindled my interest in this game I had tossed to the side for more simple and light games.

So I was wondering if any groups have been formed to run campaigns with Rolemaster yet. If not, perhaps some of you old timers or neophites looking for a different experience would like to form a group.

mr_h
September 4th, 2009, 01:12
I have never played Rolemaster Classic, but I've played MERP before. As I've stated in another thread, if someone were to start up a MERP campaign using the Rolemaster set, I'd b seriously interested in it (assuming of course it fit my oh so fun schedule :b).

Still need to download the ruleset and check it out myself:)

Mask_of_winter
September 4th, 2009, 01:24
I used the Rolemaster rules to run a MERP campaign. The MERP rules lacked the depth Rolemaster had but were still compatible. Even though Decipher's Lord of the Rings RPG captured the tolkienesque feel better than MERP did, my old group and I still had a hell of a good time.

Yes, you should definately check out the ruleset. Very professional. Up there with the Savage World ruleset.

Gladmire
September 5th, 2009, 23:53
Curious...I'm also an old school RM fan! Would anyone be willing to take on 2 players for a game? I'm usually the GM but would love to be a player again. My wife and I have purchased the set(s) and are looking for a group?
Dan

tenkar
September 7th, 2009, 15:02
I'll be following this thread to see if anything arises. Haven't played RM in years but the Rolemaster Express book has brought back the itch ;)

l1wolf
September 9th, 2009, 15:16
Never played but it might be interesting.

Gladmire
September 9th, 2009, 17:55
I've posted a RM game (Curse of the Wolf Queen) to be run in the "Calander" and I'm willing to change times to make it more convenient for players. If you are intrested you can send me a email either to [email protected] or [email protected]. This will be a starter game for both Players and GM that can possibly turn into a full on campaign.

CyberWyrm
September 20th, 2009, 06:23
Played Rolemaster Standard all summer and I love it. Had to drop my traditional meetup group because my schedule changed so doing it online will be perfect to scratch that rpg itch of mine.:bandit:

Mask_of_winter
September 20th, 2009, 17:47
Great! You've already contacted Gladmire. He's running the campaign. Looking forward to play with you.