PDA

View Full Version : Issues with the Dungeon theme and 4E_JPG 1.5.1?

Sorontar
September 3rd, 2009, 12:32
Hi Folks

Without the theme it all appears to work at the moment but as soon as I hook the theme up I get the console popping up.

Rolling a d20 in chat brings up

Script Error: [string "scripts/chat_chat.lua"]:141: attempt to call field 'applyToRoll' (a nil value)

The eyes don't glow when you hover over the skulls.

Also an error when I look at a personality

Script Error: [string "npc_combat_creature"]:1: attempt to set a value for an invalid handler 'onSizeChanged'

Upon exit it crashes to desktop even if "Return to Launcher" is selected.

Anyone else get these errors?

XpressO
September 3rd, 2009, 12:54
I think the theme is not initially designed to work with the 4E_JPG ruleset since it has so much more stuff than the normal 3.5E ruleset (for which the theme is designed for.) Maybe there's the problem?

Hi Folks

Without the theme it all appears to work at the moment but as soon as I hook the theme up I get the console popping up.

Rolling a d20 in chat brings up

Script Error: [string "scripts/chat_chat.lua"]:141: attempt to call field 'applyToRoll' (a nil value)

The eyes don't glow when you hover over the skulls.

Also an error when I look at a personality

Script Error: [string "npc_combat_creature"]:1: attempt to set a value for an invalid handler 'onSizeChanged'

Upon exit it crashes to desktop even if "Return to Launcher" is selected.

Anyone else get these errors?

Sorontar
September 3rd, 2009, 13:00
Indeed but I figured I'd try it as it apparently works with the GURPS ruleset, hey ho nevermind.

Spyke
September 3rd, 2009, 13:20
Indeed but I figured I'd try it as it apparently works with the GURPS ruleset, hey ho nevermind.I haven't implemented window close buttons or alternate dice mechanics in the GURPS ruleset, so it may not be encountering these issues.

Spyke

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2009, 22:28
The problem with using the Dungeon Theme extension with the d20_JPG and 4E_JPG rulesets is that the extension actually replaces some files in the ruleset, assuming that they are the same as the files used in the 3.5E and foundation rulesets. Given that I have made substantial changes to every file, the files in the extension will override the base ruleset files break the JPG rulesets.

You might be able to make a simpler extension to use some of the graphics in the extension, or just replace the graphics in the 4E_JPG folder.

Cheers,
JPG