PDA

View Full Version : 2.5.1 problems

balth
September 3rd, 2009, 05:56
Hi guys, player group with 5 players and DM.

We're not sure if this is related to just the DM's machine or not. All of us, however, performed the update, and we are running 4E_jpg 1.5.1

First one of the player's character sheets' attributes all reset to 10s, two of the five players were unable to have maps loaded without crashing FG even after deleting the cached .dat files and reloading them. (this seems to be a recurring theme, but even worse since the update)

DM's side: Encounters from the mod file could not be added to the combat tracker and could not open monster sheets from mod files.

Keep in mind all this data had been entered prior to the updates.

Thank you for your help as always!

rhopp
September 8th, 2009, 22:30
I noticed a couple issues as well, though they may not be strictly 2.5.1 problems:

On the Export box which comes up when you use the /export command in the chat box, the "Thumbnail" line is obscured by the box graphics. Resizing the box using CTRL and the mouse does not fix the issue, as only the middle sub-box changes size. This appears to only be a problem with the Dungeon Theme.

If you export a module with an "Author" field which is too long, the Open Module book button and the Block/Allow/Force hexagon can be hidden behind other modules. This happens when the exported module ends up in the left hand column and there are other modules in the right hand column to partially cover it up. This problem occurred in either theme, and resizing the box did not help, as you can't change the width.

These are both just FYI things for a future update, as they both can be worked around.

Thanks for the great update!

balth
September 10th, 2009, 16:25
2nd full session of using the update; massive (more) problems.

2nd week in a row, as a character connected in, it destroyed all data on main page of character sheet. (separate character (specifically me this time)).

Map crashes still occurring. We're trying to narrow down the possibilities; may be a compatibility issue with .Net?

Also problems editing sheets; may not be core FG problem on this one, could be a discrepancy with the 4E_JPG ruleset, will have to do more digging there.

Sorontar
September 10th, 2009, 16:37
On the maps, we had a session on Tuesday where two people mid session suddenly started crashing when maps were shared.

A work around we found was sharing the map before character selection.

I also had to delete them from the combat tracker and put them back on as that see,ed to be an issue at the same time.

Using 4e 1.5.1 btw.

Griogre
September 11th, 2009, 17:40
I had one character's stats reset to zero and double up skills with the 4E ruleset. He was the only one for me. He thought that maybe playing around with the character in offline mode might have done it. Did any of your players mess around with their characters offline?