View Full Version : Call Of Cthulhu problems

September 1st, 2009, 20:51
Hi folks, my players and I just updated FG to version 2.5.0 but now whenever I try to load up the CoC campaign we were playing, the program just crashes. I can start up a 3.5 game ok, any ideas of a way to fix this?


September 1st, 2009, 21:04
Hi Ian

This FG update is a bit out of the blue, so it is too early to give aview. Please would you drop Digital Adventures an email (to the support address you received with the product) and they'll pick up the product support issue.



September 1st, 2009, 21:08
This update should not really contain anything that would break things, which is the reason we didn't call for a public test. We've tested with CoC and it works ok, so there's something particular here.

Were you running 2.4.5 prior to the update? Did you use any extensions when launching the campaign?

Do you have a GlobalRegistry.lua file in the application data folder? There was a fix regarding this, and renaming the file to something else and starting again might help you. If this is the case, I would love to see the contents of the file.

September 1st, 2009, 21:33
Thanks Tero.

I have tested this as well and it seems to work for me fine. I would suggest trying to recreate a CoC campaign, and if that fails then reinstall the ruleset. If you continue to have issues, please email me directly.

September 1st, 2009, 21:35
I think we were running 2.4.5, it was certainly 2.4.something, we played two weeks ago last Tuesday with updated games. I'm not using any extensions and renaming the GlobalRegistry.lua file doesn't change anything I'm afraid.


September 1st, 2009, 23:22
I tried a new campaign and that seems to work fine, not sure what the issue was but at least I can continue to terrify my players next session. Thanks for all the help guys.


September 2nd, 2009, 00:08
Try renaming your modulestate.xml and extensionstate.xml in the troubled campaign. These control the active modules and extensions for that campaign. If they are not present then it should load with no modules, and no extensions.

If that works try turning on your modules and extensions one at a time to isolate the problem.

September 2nd, 2009, 00:10
There were issues with the FG 2.4.x update and custom rulesets. We made a change to the CoC ruleset and pushed out an update to customers, perhaps you missed it. Subsequent FG updates have also helped correct the issue. If you didn't get that updated product, keep an eye out for another CoC update soon to support changes to the FG 2.5 update.

If you still have issue please email me off the forums.