PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.5.0)

Goblin-King
September 1st, 2009, 20:12
Version 2.5.0

In an attempt to improve performance running Fantasy Grounds on other operating systems when using Windows compatibility software such as Wine, a command line option for continuous complete screen refreshes was added. To run with this option, start the program with "FantasyGrounds.exe -r". Please note that this can dramatically decrease performance on lower end systems.
Straight vertical and horizontal lines can now be drawn by depressing the shift key. This works for both drawing strokes and mask revealing.
When unveiling a masked image, you can now hold down the control key when ending the mouse drag to remask areas of the drawing.
Fixed a scripting bug that would cause the GlobalRegistry table to get invalidated with invalid file contents.
Fixed a bug that caused the connection history in the launcher to contain IP addresses instead of aliases, as entered in the address field.
Fixed an issue that would cause too many dice to be thrown when calling chatwindow.throwDice directly from an onDrop handler.
Fixed an issue preventing the override of global script packages in extensions.
Fixed an issue that caused undefined behaviour with extensions that redefined icons used in die shape definitions and window class minimize icons, without redefining the definitions themselves.
Added a dedicated 3.5E ruleset. With this release, the 3.5 extension becomes deprecated and will no longer be downloaded with fresh installs or updated with the latest features. While the foundation ruleset is still offered through the updater, it may be removed from a basic install at a time in the future. For more information on accessing and using the foundation ruleset, contributing to the foundation and/or 3.5E rulesets as well as changing your running campaign from foundation to the 3.5E ruleset, see the Workshop forum on our community web site.
Small fixes and improvements in the launcher.
Increased the chat window history length by 10000%.

Spyke
September 1st, 2009, 21:28
The Dungeon Theme extension is a nice extra! I particularly like the eyes on the close buttons...

Spyke

Tenian
September 1st, 2009, 23:14
Great stuff!

The "double dice" gone is very nice, but the re-mask option is by far my favorite :)

EugeneZ
September 1st, 2009, 23:16
This is awesome. Tero stated it nice and calmly in the change log, when he really should have put it in bold caps at the top of the post ( ;) ) but the double dice issue in 4e_JPG is fixed!

You guys are the best.

unerwünscht
September 1st, 2009, 23:26
I must say, even I was impressed this time around, as far as I can tell there are no 'hickups' with the update, and the application seams to have benefited from greatly improved performance, not just on "other operating systems" but it appears more stable in Windows as well.

Two Thumbs up from this hard to please critic.

XpressO
September 2nd, 2009, 07:45
:eek:
REMASKING! This is pure win!
The double dice fixed is also very, very cool!

Zeus
September 2nd, 2009, 08:13
This is a really cool update. No more phantom die rolling yeah, I can re-mask now when I have mistakenly un-masked a portion of the map (I've lost count of the times I have done this, particularly when playing during early hours of the morning).

And an attracive new and alternative skin woohoo (but only for 3.5e??? :()

Still, many thanks for the update.

Spyke
September 2nd, 2009, 08:36
And an attracive new and alternative skin woohoo (but only for 3.5e??? :()
See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10848) where I explain how to update the skin for other rulesets that use the standard graphics (taking GURPS as the example).

Spyke

Zeus
September 2nd, 2009, 09:17
See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10848) where I explain how to update the skin for other rulesets that use the standard graphics (taking GURPS as the example).

Spyke

Thanks Spyke. At first when I checked the extensions folder I must have mised the .ext file cos I could have sworn it wasn't there after updating. Oh well.

Cheers.

gandb
September 4th, 2009, 02:33
work in my ubuntu, tanxs!!! =D