PDA

View Full Version : 2 newbs looking for any

Ferathi
August 31st, 2009, 23:24
me and a friend picked up fantasy grounds today we had 1 session together..i died in a trap.. an IM the one who set it..so we're looking for some1 experienced to show us how to do this ive read through several players handbooks and also a quick primer we are both ready to play pretty much always and both eager to learn

Mask_of_winter
August 31st, 2009, 23:36
kudos for making a trap! very clever

sorry your character died from it! lol

what kind of trap was it?

Ferathi
September 1st, 2009, 14:16
kudos for making a trap! very clever

sorry your character died from it! lol

what kind of trap was it?
eheh.. it was a standard pit trap.. i fell down and broke my legs it was by the exit of the cave so instead of trying to help me my friend ran for it i bled to death..

Claybor
September 1st, 2009, 14:21
my friend ran for it i bled to death..

You need some new friends. :D

Andrepartthree
September 1st, 2009, 14:25
I'd recommend looking over the posts here and PMing the DM directly asking to join a game ... if you can PM them a short character description (race, class, gender, and some background history, stats if the DM specifies starting character class level) that greatly increases the chances that the DM will shoot a reply back to you.

Ferathi
September 1st, 2009, 14:36
I'd recommend looking over the posts here and PMing the DM directly asking to join a game ... if you can PM them a short character description (race, class, gender, and some background history, stats if the DM specifies starting character class level) that greatly increases the chances that the DM will shoot a reply back to you.
can i still use my character after he died? also theres still stuff the players handbooks i read didnt really explain.. like how to make a character i know how to set up basic stats but none has mentioned anything bout what skills or feats ur allowed to have or how many ur allowed to have

Lysander
September 1st, 2009, 23:41
Character death is only per 'campaign' (and even then, at GM discretion, that can be resolved.. If Frank the thief dies, suddenly, you could have Hank the thief, who looks vaguely similar...). Your character can be played elsewhere, subject to the limitations of the GM for any 'new campaign' you play in.

Dagnalis
September 2nd, 2009, 00:44
I could help you make a character better and how to use him effictively so if you want I could join a game and help hands on

Andrepartthree
September 2nd, 2009, 04:13
can i still use my character after he died? also theres still stuff the players handbooks i read didnt really explain.. like how to make a character i know how to set up basic stats but none has mentioned anything bout what skills or feats ur allowed to have or how many ur allowed to have

:confused: .. are you using 3rd or 4th edition dungeons and dragons? (it says right on the first page I think, could be wrong ,of the player's handbook if it's 3rd or 4th ed)... 4th edition mentions character creation rules I'm pretty sure including ability scores, skills, feats et cet... 3rd edition may or may not (can't remember) have rules on how to generate ability scores (3rd edition dungeon master's guide does for certain) but from what I recall if you read it over it does mention what skills or feats you can have based on your race and character class.... D&D is a VERY complex game mind you I'd be the first one to admit that so it's easy to miss this stuff the first time you read it or that's been my experience anyways :p ... go back, re-read and you should find answers to all those ?'s ....

And yes just because your character died doesn't mean you can't re-use him in another campaign ;) ...

I