PDA

View Full Version : Rulesets question.

M0b1us
August 30th, 2009, 19:38
My apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but I haven't been able to find anything that directly answers this question.

I downloaded the RIFTS ruleset, originally posted by Sturmer, and I'm trying to install it. I copied the contents of the .zip file into the C:\program files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds II\data\rulesets\ folder, but the new ruleset still doesn't appear as an option from within the program. Am I missing something? Can someone just post a simple walkthru for adding (not creating) a new ruleset?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Pratt
August 30th, 2009, 20:00
The rulesets are placed in (assuming Vista):

AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets

Foen
August 30th, 2009, 20:19
I'm not familiar with RIFTS: if it is an older ruleset, it might be for Fantasy Grounds I in which case it won't work with FG2.

Foen

M0b1us
August 30th, 2009, 21:10
Looks like it was originally uploaded in October 2008, so I'm assuming it was meant for FG2.

I had to create the "Fantasy Grounds II" directory on down, but I put the RIFTS folder under: AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets
and still no luck.

Any other thoughts?

Foen
August 30th, 2009, 21:50
Stupid question (but I have to ask) are you using the Lite or Full version of FG2? Only the Full version will support custom rulesets, as the Lite version needs to connect to a Host to see the ruleset.

M0b1us
August 30th, 2009, 22:00
full version... But you're thinking. :)

Foen
August 30th, 2009, 22:09
The ruleset folder should have a certain structure, for example:

It should have a file called base.xml in the top level of the ruleset folder (something like .\rulesets\RIFTS\base.xml); and
It should have a number of subfolders, for example .\rulesets\RIFTS\frames\, .\rulesets\RIFTS\icons\, .\rulesets\RIFTS\scripts\;

If you have a ruleset that is structured like that, then it should be available as an option when you select 'Create New Campaign' (see the screen shot).

Other than that, I'm stumped.

Stuart

joshuha
August 31st, 2009, 00:49
Looks like it was originally uploaded in October 2008, so I'm assuming it was meant for FG2.

I had to create the "Fantasy Grounds II" directory on down, but I put the RIFTS folder under: AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets
and still no luck.

Any other thoughts?

Where do you go when you go the Start Menu -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder? I am worried when you said you had to create the "Fantasy Grounds II" folder.

M0b1us
September 3rd, 2009, 04:44
Thanks for the help guys, but I got it figured out. I'm running 64bit vista, which has two different "Program Files" folders... Once I put the ruleset in the correct subfolder, it worked perfectly.

Thanks.