PDA

View Full Version : Spyke's GURPs Converter

TalonKaine
August 29th, 2009, 23:23
Hey,

Does anyone know if Spyke's converting program from the GURPS Character Assist Program to XML still works with FG's. I had it working a long time ago but now it doesn't seem to work for me.

I've been trying everything and following the instructions but i'm thinking there must have been some changes to how FG's works since the last several patches or something.

If there is something different I have to do other then what is explained in the Readme files can someone please explain it to me.

Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Spyke
August 29th, 2009, 23:48
It should do, but I've not used it myself over the last couple of months. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Spyke

Spyke
August 30th, 2009, 11:50
The recent updates to FG2 have changed the way the ruleset name is held in campaign.xml from:

<ruleset name="GURPS_4e" />to

<ruleset>GURPS_4e</ruleset>
and the converter program was failing to find any campaign edited since this was changed.

I've updated the code and put a new version up on my website (https://www.spyke.me/) (GCAtoFG2 - v0-30.zip).

It's only a small zip file, so I've also attached it here.

Spyke

TalonKaine
August 30th, 2009, 14:23
Your the man cool guy! Thanks a lot dude. That will save me so much time from having to enter it all by hand. :D

Spyke
August 30th, 2009, 17:49
Your the man cool guy! Thanks a lot dude. That will save me so much time from having to enter it all by hand. :D
Thanks for pointing out the problem. ;)

Spyke

ShotGun Jolly
September 2nd, 2009, 04:32
Whats the chances of someone having something like this that works for the GURPS 3rd edition?

Can the 4th be retrofitted?

Spyke
September 2nd, 2009, 09:04
Whats the chances of someone having something like this that works for the GURPS 3rd edition?

Can the 4th be retrofitted?It's certainly possible from GCA. How complicated it is would depend on how much Armin changed the structures from GURPS 3e to 4e.

It also ought to be possible to write a conversion script to generate a file for upload to FG2 from GCB (the official generator for GURPS 3e), but that would be a new project from scratch.

If I get some time I'll take a look at the 3rd edition stuff.

Spyke