PDA

View Full Version : 3.5E One-Off Dungeon Delve for New Players

amdma
August 29th, 2009, 06:21
Who I am: Someone new to Fantasy Grounds, new to DMing, and returning to roleplaying after 10 years.

Who you are: A player new to FG2 and even new to roleplaying looking to try out the program in a relxed setting
OR an experienced FG2 user who just likes to spread the gossiple.

What: A simple one-off dungeon delve meant to focus on getting one's feet wet with FG2. The adventure is the
pre-published 'A Dark and Stormy Knight'. Characters are premades. There is practically no story, so be prepared
to hack-n-slash. The goal is to log in and start playing. The adventure is for 4 players. I'm providing the 4 standards: Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, Rogue.

I'll be using the wonderful D20_jpg ruleset. Rules will be of a 'streamlined' nature. I expect it to run a couple of hours at most but I'll be open for finishing it or calling it short, whatever works for the group.

When: Time to be determined, but I'd like to run this Sunday August 30th or Monday August 31st. I am GMT -8 and I
will most likely aim for afternoon/evening. If there is enough interest I'd consider running it twice. Time will be posted here and on the FG2 calendar.

Where: Most likely right where you are now.

Post your availability if you're interested and I'll set up an entry on the FG2 as soon as I have an idea what time people can play.

Ashcroft
August 29th, 2009, 11:02
Hi,
You have great idea:) Im new to this program but got years experience in PnP.Im really interested in playing and this will help me get started. Im in GTM+1 but i can play any time in today and next few days. If i can i would prefer the wizard.

Dagnalis
August 29th, 2009, 20:53
I'm interested and would prefer to play the fighter

Lord Sandwich
August 29th, 2009, 22:02
I'm interested GMT+1, Ill play anything just as long as im playing again. PM me with the server data and time.

amdma
August 30th, 2009, 07:13
I'll set up a game on the calendar tomorrow for sometime early-ish (in my time zone anyway) on Monday. Beer and lack of sleep are keeping me from it at the moment. ;)

If you're able to make it, sign up and if things work out, great!

Rrast
August 31st, 2009, 04:00
I won't mind joining in on this. I'm on old pnp and FGII is new to me, although I was setting up my gaming sessions for next week tonight and moved quite well through it. I'll play whichever class is left. Doesn't matter to me.

Casimir
August 31st, 2009, 06:03
I wouldn't mind joining this - not new to DnD and RPG's but new to FGII and want to get my feet wet with it.

amdma
August 31st, 2009, 18:06
Hey all. I meant to get a game posted yesterday for today but that didn't happen. I'm going to reschedule for tomorrow. Again, if you're able to play just check the FG calendar and sign up. I'm putting it up right now. Sorry about the delay!

Dagnalis
August 31st, 2009, 18:10
whats it called?

amdma
August 31st, 2009, 18:18
Game is up, same title as thread. The time is tomorrow, Tues Sept. 1st at 6 pm PST. If enough sign up we'll go and if not I'll try another time on another day.

Casimir
September 1st, 2009, 23:29
Is this still happening tonight at 6:00 PM (PST)? There was a time scheduled for that time slot on the Calendar yesterday (or day before), but now it's blank.

Dagnalis
September 2nd, 2009, 00:09
It got canceled due to hard drive troubles