PDA

View Full Version : Will Players need to install/purchase the ruleset?

Briggzee
August 29th, 2009, 06:08
Hi,

I'm looking at potentially using Fantasy Grounds to run some Savage Worlds games online. I've seen there is a Savage Worlds ruleset that can be bought for FG too, which I would be looking to use.

Could someone please tell me if I were to host a game, would everyone need to have bought and installed the Savage Worlds ruleset, or only the myself as the host?

Sigurd
August 29th, 2009, 06:54
Your players need to have at least the client program from Smite Works. They will be able log into your machine and benefit from the ruleset during your games.

I'm pretty sure they will not be able to make\modify their characters offline or when not connected to your server. There may also be some background rules that they will not have access to but the essentials will all be there when they are connected to your server.

So, in short, the players do not need the ruleset unless they want to host as well.

Sigurd

Its been a while since I played with that ruleset and I bought it so I'm not the best test case. I think that is the situation.

Oh, yadda yadda, you may get better results asking questions about the ruleset on the publishers website.

https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/

Briggzee
August 29th, 2009, 07:03
Hi Sigurd,

Thanks for answering my question.