PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset help

unerwünscht
August 28th, 2009, 02:55
Ok... I know this has been asked a million times now, but I cant find any of the posts where it was asked.

I am trying to add more functionality and fix a few bugs in the AD&D ruleset, and also working on some rulesets that are not even close to D20 based, and am hitting some snags on the character sheet creation portions.

Specifically I am having issues with setting up the tabs for character sheet windows, and alignment on on the new windows. Does anyone know where I can find more information on these items?

Foen
August 28th, 2009, 06:30
Hi

Can you be a bit more specific (and/or post a screenshot) about your problem? Is it to do with the way the layout works, or how to add the relevant window controls to a window class?

Foen

unerwünscht
August 28th, 2009, 06:37
Can do....

In this image if you notice the tabs at the side, the bottom two tabs shouldn't be there any longer, and the other two blank tabs should have the text images in them. But for some reason they don't.

I am getting some errors, but I think I might be able to fix those. I will find out in the morning.

Also you will notice that the page information (that has not been edited yet) is off the top of the page, and I have no idea what could cause that.

Foen
August 28th, 2009, 06:57
Getting Rid of Spare Tabs

The tab graphic is somewhat independent from the tab windowcontrol and doesn't resize automatically when tabs are added or subtracted. You need to change the <bounds> tag manually, and I think the default graphic uses a multiple of 67 pixels: to remove two tabs, reduce the height by 134.

Adding Names to Tabs

The text in a tab is not rendered from the text in the tabcontrol, but needs to be created as an icon using Paint.NET or something similar. Unfortunately the font in the existing tabs isn't a standard windows font, but Comic Sans seems to match fairly closely.

Controls Anchoring

I'm not sure what the problem is here, but it might be that the page content is anchored to a frame (for example) which has been renamed. Without the named frame, it defaults to anchoring to the window and will also throw a number of script errors.

Hope that helps for now

Foen

unerwünscht
August 28th, 2009, 07:11
The resizing makes sense I will get that done in a few minutes.

However, I have already made the images for the tabs, and can not find anywhere to define what images belong there, I assumed it was just handled by naming conventions, but that hasn't worked so... I am at a loss.

And I think the frame anchor is set correctly, but I could be wrong, I will have to check that again.

Foen
August 28th, 2009, 07:38
Icons for tab controls are included as part of the <tab> tag:

<tab>
<icon>tab_main</icon>
<subwindow>stats</subwindow>
<scroller>stats_scroller</scroller>
</tab>

But, like with other icons, the icon itself must also be defined somewhere (graphics.xml or one of its included files) using the following syntax:

<icon name="tab_main" file="icons/tab_main.png" />

There isn't usually a naming convention, but rather most FG things are defined explicitly. Some exceptions to this rule include player character portraits, the name of the font used for radial menus (smallcontrolbold) and the 'return to launcher' radial menu icon (return).

Foen