PDA

View Full Version : 4th edition rules

Burp
August 25th, 2009, 21:57
Like what I see so far but as a new comer to D&D I wonder how many playing are using 4th edition? I know it's a hot topic between 3.5 and 4, but as I've learned everything from 4th and like it, I have to ask if it's being used much at Fantasy Grounds.

Doswelk
August 26th, 2009, 00:03
There is a 4e rules set on fouruglymonsters.com

You have to join the 4e developement group and then you can access it

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/comm...FG+Development (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/community/groups/viewgroup/49-DD+4th+Edition+FG+Development)

EugeneZ
August 26th, 2009, 03:42
I'm not sure if the OP was looking for the ruleset, it sounded more like s/he was asking about how many FG2 users total play 4e. Regardless, I'm sure the ruleset info will come in handy too...

What I can say is that in my experience as a 4e DM since 4e was released, FG2 has *never* lacked for both DMs or players. I find a number of people looking for games every time I inquire, and I find a number of DMs looking for players when I hit the New Posts button every couple days.

Doswelk
August 26th, 2009, 16:38
Sorry my bad teach me to post midnight!

Cosmo
August 26th, 2009, 17:16
Our group is using 4th Ed and overall it has been a great experience. As DM, running the game is a "million" times easier adn much faster.

Good times

Burp
August 26th, 2009, 22:33
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I like 4e but wanted to make that someone was actually using it.

Griogre
August 27th, 2009, 01:01
Look in the Guild House. I'd go back a week or so and seem how many posts are for 4E games. I think you see a fair amount of them.

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2009, 01:15
Also, I have built rulesets for both v3.5 and v4.0 of D&D. I published them on the foruuglymonster.com web site shortly after v4.0 D&D launched. Based on the number of people who have registered for access to each ruleset, I am seeing a 10-to-1 ratio between people accessing v4.0 vs. people accessing v3.5.

Just another data point.

Cheers,
JPG

EugeneZ
August 27th, 2009, 02:42
Interesting thought, but flawed, I think, since people can technically just play 3e out of the box, right? The only way to play 4e is to download your ruleset.

Foen
August 27th, 2009, 06:32
I think the current 3.5e support (using the Foundation) isn't fully functional. That means using JPG_d20 or downloading the old d20 ruleset from SmiteWorks, so moon_wizard may not be so far out in the ratio.