PDA

View Full Version : Localhost problem with 2.4.5

Valarian
August 24th, 2009, 09:16
FGII: 2.4.5 Full version

Problem:
I discovered a problem with 2.4.5 a couple of weeks ago. I don't seem to be able to run FGII when not connected to the internet. This seems to have occurred with the 2.4 release. I last successfully ran in the localhost mode with 2.3.6. Nothing happens when Start is pressed to launch a campaign.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Turn off wireless connection or unplug network cable
2. Start FGII
3. Select campaign to start (FGII launcher shows local IP as 127.0.0.1 and external IP shows as "Click to Retrieve")
4. Press Start (nothing happens)

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I use FGII in a local mode for ruleset building as I don't always have an active internet session.

Foen
August 24th, 2009, 12:56
I don't have that problem: I use my laptop to host local sessions without any problem, with neither the WiFi nor the network connection running.

I use 'localhost' instead of the IP address, maybe that makes a difference?

Stuart

Zeus
August 24th, 2009, 12:59
I don't have that problem: I use my laptop to host local sessions without any problem, with neither the WiFi nor the network connection running.

I use 'localhost' instead of the IP address, maybe that makes a difference?

Stuart

Valarian - it might be worthwhile checking your hosts file to ensure the localhost address entry hasn't been hi-jacked. Spyware and malware routines can sometimes re-route local loopback addresses.

Check you have a clean 127.0.0.1 localhost entry and confirm you can ping it from a cmd window.

Tenian
August 24th, 2009, 13:02
I've found the "start" button to be buggy. Often it doesn't seem to work. I never made the link between a lack of a network connection and the button, but that might be the case.

Since the button is unreliable, I always start campaigns by double clicking on the campaign in the selection window.

Foen
August 24th, 2009, 13:19
I always start campaigns by double clicking on the campaign in the selection window.

My bad: that's exactly what I do too.