PDA

View Full Version : anyone running a WWII type game?

Garignak
August 24th, 2009, 08:32
Ive always wanted to try a WWII PnP game or something similar. Is anyone running one of these types of games?

Spyke
August 24th, 2009, 11:14
Mr_H is running one using GURPS. See this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10305

Spyke

mr_h
August 24th, 2009, 14:06
As Spyke said, I've started one. We've been on hiatus for about a month or so as one of our guys had real life intervene like you would not imagine (he barely has time to respond to emails).
I'm looking into starting it up again but I need to wait and see how my class (that starts next week) will interfere with it. I have a couple of other people who were interested, so if we do get it up, I'll send out some notices and let folks know.

Just a warning, we're not a super serious group....and we are still learning gurps as we go:)
(see the tokens for seriousness :b)

radiocarbon
August 24th, 2009, 22:57
mr_h: I'm interested in joining the next game once you have every thing set up.

I have some experience with GURPS, but, along with you, I am still learning as well. ;)

Feel free to send me a PM.

Dagnalis
August 26th, 2009, 01:26
I've become interested in this aswell and i'm willing to learn quickly, if you can send me a Pm with some more info

Garignak
August 29th, 2009, 00:15
I am very interested in this! Let me know the details and what GURPS is.

Spyke
August 29th, 2009, 19:13
I am very interested in this! Let me know the details and what GURPS is.GURPS is a set of role-playing rules designed to be applicable to almost any genre. It has very simple basic game mechanics but a lot of optional detail which can be added as you grow more familiar with the system and want more options.

It works especially well for realistic games, and so is ideal for settings such as WWII, but this gritty, realistic feel also makes it popular for playing fantasy and science fiction genres. It has a rich, detailed character creation system, and it's the depth of characterisation that grabs most people when they first play the game.

The best way to learn is to read the free GURPS Lite rules (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004), and then try to join a game. I occasionally run one-shots to introduce people to GURPS.

Spyke