PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 4e game to join on a regular basis

Kzach
August 23rd, 2009, 15:16
I'd like to join a 4e game with people who meet at least once a fortnight with some assurance of regularity and attendance. I'd prefer a more mature group in the sense that they are adults who can spell and don't communicate in grunts or worse, leetspeak.

I enjoy the tactical element of 4e but I also enjoy playing in character and roleplaying through scenarios and with other players. I believe in creating characters that are inherently good at working in a group and that "lone-wolf" characters or evil characters are disruptive and somewhat indicative of an immature player.

I'm happy to be given a test run and to wait for the group to decide if I'm a good fit or not. I do, however, prefer regular communication between players and GM. Nothing worse than wondering what is going on and not having anyone discussing the game and it's progress.

Please let me know by email if you have a spot for me in your game. Thanks.

Mask_of_winter
August 25th, 2009, 05:29
too bad you're in a totally different time slot...

Good luck with your search!

suntzu777
August 25th, 2009, 17:56
i run a 4e game every thursday at 7pm Uk time GMT + 0 so if that time frame fits for you your welcome to join in

Rob

Kzach
August 28th, 2009, 02:10
too bad you're in a totally different time slot...

Good luck with your search!
Time is irrelevant, only life.

Kzach
August 28th, 2009, 02:11
i run a 4e game every thursday at 7pm Uk time GMT + 0 so if that time frame fits for you your welcome to join in

Rob
Thanks but I read your advertisement. I'm not into tech/fantasy though, sorry, it's a massive turn-off for me.

Thanks anyway.

Sakumbe
August 29th, 2009, 23:28
My Friday game might have a slot, it's a hombrew setting but it's more ancient world, Sword And Sorcery type of stuff.

It's on Fridays from 6 PM EST-11 PM EST (end time varies). Make sure this works in your schedule before you get into this. Let me know if you want more info. The game is pretty RP-oriented, but we still do combat and stuff, but definitely a game where you'll want a good character background and a character you like RPing as. So yeah, this is pretty RP-heavy, we've had a couple of Powergamer types leave our game, just saying, if RP isn't your thing, this game probably won't be for you either.

We're on a temporary hiatus while the DM sorts out some personal stuff, but when the game is underway, the DM is pretty good about communication and stuff of that nature.

Kzach
August 30th, 2009, 04:41
My Friday game might have a slot, it's a hombrew setting but it's more ancient world, Sword And Sorcery type of stuff.

It's on Fridays from 6 PM EST-11 PM EST (end time varies). Make sure this works in your schedule before you get into this. Let me know if you want more info. The game is pretty RP-oriented, but we still do combat and stuff, but definitely a game where you'll want a good character background and a character you like RPing as. So yeah, this is pretty RP-heavy, we've had a couple of Powergamer types leave our game, just saying, if RP isn't your thing, this game probably won't be for you either.

We're on a temporary hiatus while the DM sorts out some personal stuff, but when the game is underway, the DM is pretty good about communication and stuff of that nature.
That sounds great!

6PM EST Friday's is currently 9AM Saturday morning for me so that's not a problem. I always have characters with rich backgrounds and personalities, even if the game doesn't require it :D

Having said that, I do enjoy 4e's tactical element as well. I wouldn't say I'm a powergamer but I definitely seek to optimise my character as I find that an enjoyable part of the game.

If you'll have me, I'd love to talk a bit more about the setting to get an idea of what character would suit it and what backstory I need to work up. Email is probably the better way to go about this so whoever wants to contact me to discuss this further can do so through karlzachery AT gmail.com

Thanks!

Sakumbe
August 30th, 2009, 06:15
That sounds great!

6PM EST Friday's is currently 9AM Saturday morning for me so that's not a problem. I always have characters with rich backgrounds and personalities, even if the game doesn't require it :D

Having said that, I do enjoy 4e's tactical element as well. I wouldn't say I'm a powergamer but I definitely seek to optimise my character as I find that an enjoyable part of the game.

If you'll have me, I'd love to talk a bit more about the setting to get an idea of what character would suit it and what backstory I need to work up. Email is probably the better way to go about this so whoever wants to contact me to discuss this further can do so through karlzachery AT gmail.com

Thanks!

Hey, sorry if I came off as a bit elitist in my last post, I didn't mean to accuse you of being a powergamer, I've just said that we've had types like that join before that ultimately didn't find what they were looking for in our game.

Don't worry about character optimization, the DM's fine with that, and I do plenty of optimizing myself, however, stuff from Dragon magazine is generally not accepted (if you want something ask the DM, he'll allow some things, depends on what he thinks of it).

As for backgrounds, I'd be interested in somehow collaborating in terms of backgrounds (i.e. you could be an old war buddy of my character that joins the party or something).

Oh, and our group has a Yahoo newsgroup for announcements regarding the campaign so if you need to make a yahoo account for such an occasion, please do so.

As for characters and setting, I'll write a lengthy PM and set it to you at some arbitrary point.