PDA

View Full Version : New Player looking for help!

twiwolfex
August 18th, 2009, 11:22
Hello, I have been roleplaying for many years now on MMORPGs online and am looking at getting into DnD. I have the 4th Edition books, can voice chat (Ventrilo, XFire), and Fantasy Grounds (obviously :P).

If anyone can run me through a few sample games or at leats point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and I am usually available everyday around night time (10pm-6am) EST.

Thank you in advance. :]

twiwolfex
August 18th, 2009, 20:05
a single *bump* in hopes of a reply :o

Andrepartthree
August 19th, 2009, 00:54
It's normally best to go through the various threads in here and flat out request to join a game when a DM posts asking for players , best to learn by doing as you say ;) ... I've found it's most effective to write up your character in advance as a 1st level PC (you can advance him or her if necessary in levels if PC's start out higher than 1st level in a campaign) , give him or her an interesting background and personality that can be summarized in a few paragraphs, then send the whole thing as a PM to a DM looking for players as well posting something saying you're interested on the DM's thread :)

twiwolfex
August 19th, 2009, 04:47
It's normally best to go through the various threads in here and flat out request to join a game when a DM posts asking for players , best to learn by doing as you say ;) ... I've found it's most effective to write up your character in advance as a 1st level PC (you can advance him or her if necessary in levels if PC's start out higher than 1st level in a campaign) , give him or her an interesting background and personality that can be summarized in a few paragraphs, then send the whole thing as a PM to a DM looking for players as well posting something saying you're interested on the DM's thread :)

thank you. I'll try that :]

Necromik
August 20th, 2009, 22:30
Did you ever got any luck?