PDA

View Full Version : Where are the folders?

Mungo73
August 18th, 2009, 10:58
Hi,

Solved the issue, sorry.

BR Juergen

Casimir
August 25th, 2009, 07:30
Actually - I'd like to know your solution - because I had something odd happen to my example module "Tales of Dinor" (it somehow saved a desktop I downloaded as it's default) and I can't find the folder to change it back. I've done searches on my hard disk with no luck... where are they located at?

EDIT : Found the solution shortly after I posted this. For anyone else who may be having this same "issue", all the game files can be found in "C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR ACCOUNT]\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II" (or, in Vista and Windows 7 "C:\Users\[YOUR ACCOUNT]\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II").

Valarian
August 25th, 2009, 09:05
Or use the shortcut in the Fantasy Grounds folder in the Start menu.

Mungo73
August 27th, 2009, 14:21
I found shortcut in the start menu and then was able to trace the folder. It was installed on another drive, i.e. not C:\.

BR Juergen

Griogre
August 27th, 2009, 18:54
The folder goes into the OS's location for data apps. It's quite possible to change this in the OS (though seldom done by most consumers). It's also possible to change the location where FG looks by changing the path in the registry for FG (though likely the short cut in the start menu would point to the wrong place unless that path was changed too).