PDA

View Full Version : Battle Maps

CAlexander
August 10th, 2009, 19:45
Hey all:

Up until now I've been playing with 4E published material, and have been able to utilize the battle maps from the quests. At this point I am looking to do something on my own, but I could use advise on what the best tools there are out there for making battlemaps. Wizards had a handy dungeon tile program, but it is woefully out of date. Any other relatively simple options?

Connor

Tenian
August 10th, 2009, 20:03
An up to date version of the tile mapper can be found by joining the Yahoo Group:

https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dungeon_tiles/

Blue Haven
August 10th, 2009, 21:46
There is a program called Master Plan that is wonderful and it has a map builder inside :) beside all the other stuff (Encounters,monsters,player characters and so on and so on...)

Zeus
August 10th, 2009, 23:50
There is a program called Master Plan that is wonderful and it has a map builder inside :) beside all the other stuff (Encounters,monsters,player characters and so on and so on...)
Wow. Just discovered this very useful application. I have only played with it for 5 minutes and have already fallen in love with the auto tactical map feature. Simply brilliant.

I can see me using this in conjunction with FGII to help build prep material for city encounters etc.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bidmaron
August 11th, 2009, 01:41
Can we get a link to this? Searching for master plan comes up with a lot of stuff that has little to do with making maps.

Griogre
August 11th, 2009, 05:55
This looks like it: https://www.habitualindolence.net/masterplan/

Blue Haven
August 11th, 2009, 16:35
Wow. Just discovered this very useful application. I have only played with it for 5 minutes and have already fallen in love with the auto tactical map feature. Simply brilliant.

I can see me using this in conjunction with FGII to help build prep material for city encounters etc.

Thanks for the heads up.

Its always a pleasure to help people :) Glad you like it ;)
Do you have all the addons??

Zeus
August 11th, 2009, 18:27
Its always a pleasure to help people :) Glad you like it ;)
Do you have all the addons??

I downloaded the sample libraries and a compendium addon (couldn't get it to work properly though), are there any others?

Blue Haven
August 11th, 2009, 18:34
Well to be honest i don´t know what´s in the compendium...i never used it, i have all the libraries separated and i guess i have some stuff that is not in there...but like i said i don´t know what´s in the compendium...

Zeus
August 11th, 2009, 18:52
Did you build your own libraries or download them, your post before last indicated there were addon's to download.

Aside from the sample libraries and compendium, I can't find a reference or link to any other addon?

Blue Haven
August 11th, 2009, 19:49
Did you check your PMs?? :)

Blue Haven
August 12th, 2009, 10:46
I guess now everyone is happy ;) just spreading love lolol

Blue Haven
August 12th, 2009, 21:03
Did you guys got the messages?? please confirm :)

Zeus
August 13th, 2009, 08:13
Yes, thank you.

Muttley
August 19th, 2009, 12:40
I use DungeonForge to make dungeon maps.
You could use MapX to do exterior maps.

Here is a quick dungeon I made using DF:

https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2465/displayfzc.png

Image is quite large so posted link.

I imported tilesets from some other dungeon mapping tools.
It basically uses image files.