PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu - GMT +1

peterb
August 10th, 2009, 15:00
The setting will be the classic roaring twenties era. I have two different campaigns in mind "Masks of Nyarlathotep" or adventures in Lovecraft County (Arkham etc.). Exactly what we play will depend a bit on player preferences.

I have been playing RPGs since the early eighties, I have mostly played (as a GM) RQ and Harnmaster but also (as both a player and as a GM) Traveller. This will be my first stab at running a game using FG so some things might not run so smooth in the beginning but I probably learn fast... :) I'm not a native english speaker but I do speak quite good english so the language that we will be using will either be Swedish or English. I do however hear rather bad. Earphones will help lot and will probably remove most problems, but (to be honest) I have great problems understanding odd dialects... ;)

I live in Sweden so the timezone is GMT +1. Shorter sessions on workdays, (evenings from 21:00 to about midnight) and weekend evenings will fit my shedule best. I hope to be able to run weekly games or at least 3 games a month. I will be using a ventrilio server so we won't be using the chat function that much.

I have two prospective players (old friends of mine) but I'm not 100% certain they'll join and I recon we will need to be at least four players and I rather not have more than six players (at one and the same time). Given the nature of CoC, and also because it's, frankly, very usefull, each player will have two, in some cases maybe three, characters.

If you are interested in joining the game, send me a PM or add a note in this thread.

Oberoten
August 11th, 2009, 08:33
I am so darn tempted but I work on a strange four-week rolling schedule. Then again due to the nature of CoC games they DO tend to be over quickly... ;)

- Obe

badseeds
August 13th, 2009, 21:36
I'd be very interested to join, I'm from Sweden so no strange dialect there :) and GMt+1 is no problem either, I am however very new to FG, and i might have some troubles with playing on weekends until mid september (i'm working nights on weekends until then).

Looking forward to hear from you.

peterb
August 13th, 2009, 21:55
Well, exluding Obe, that makes it three players. What days suits you best?

Erixis
August 14th, 2009, 18:27
Weekends work best for me.

I'd love to join your game, let me know if you still have room available.

badseeds
August 14th, 2009, 22:25
Mondays -> Wednesdays are completely free.
Thurdays -> Saturdays are completely full work wise even on evenings
Sundays should be fine though, if we start after 19:00

After September 16th Saturdays after 19:00 should open up and Sunday -> Wednesday should be completely free

peterb
August 15th, 2009, 14:43
Things are moving along... We now have five possible players with another two that might join - I just need to get hold of them (and this is still exl. Obe). Now we need to agree on a primary gameday and secondary (backup) gameday. Sadly for Erexis weekdays seems to be the best choice and mondays seems best with wednesdays as a secondary option.

I also need to remind people that we will be using a VOIP software, so you need to have earphones and a mic. This also means that we will need a configuration session to sort out connection problems, callibrating mics, sorting out sound problems and perhaps take a short tour of FG. My old gaming pals have never used FG before so this last point is neccessary.

I won't have time for such a session until midweek next week so we have a few days to sort out what day(s) the weekly gaming sessions will take place. Stay tuned!

/Peter

Erixis
August 15th, 2009, 22:26
weekdays will work, give me a message about a couple days in advance and ill let you know if im still down.

badseeds
August 17th, 2009, 23:28
sounds good, and since i'm also quite new at FG a small tour of it would be good.

Lord Sandwich
August 18th, 2009, 07:15
If you guys need another player I'm in for sure. I'm a long time gamer with no experiance with FG but i learn quick. I have played CoC D20, and love it.
Any day after 9:00 pm is good for me.

peterb
August 18th, 2009, 16:44
OK. That makes it eight possible players... :) Eight is a bit much, but one shouldn't complain, it's not that easy to form a scratch new group. In CoC you often need many PCs, mainly because you need many experts and also because PCs, well .. die .... :D Also with many players you can survive temporary (or permanent) dropouts.

In order to make it easier for me to organize this could you folks please drop me a PM with your mailadreses so that I can post connection details etc. Thanks.

peterb
August 20th, 2009, 14:56
Btw, what scenarios or campaigns have you played (if any)? It would be good to know which published scenarios I can and cannot use.

Lord Sandwich
August 20th, 2009, 20:00
I have done some home brew stuff and the delta green adventure "Poker Night" that was published in polyhedron magazine. But that was just some d20CoC stuff. I also would never let player knowledge creep into a game either.

peterb
August 21st, 2009, 08:32
After a brief try-out session yesterday with a friend of mine all connection issues have been sorted out.

The VOIP software that we will be using is TeamSpeak. Download the client at https://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

I think we are ready for our first session. Mondays and Wendsdays seems to be the best choices. So lets schedule a session for 21:00 GMT+1 on August 24. I'll PM and mail this message as well.

Since we have a lot of players I'd like to try my hands on the "Masks of Nyarlathotep" campaign. Having a large group is quite convenient when you are on a expedition... :)

peterb
August 21st, 2009, 21:27
Two short remarks. I PM:ed one of them and just restate it here so that no one misses it. You don't need to buy the CoC ruleset! You will download what you need from my server. You do need a headset with a microphone (unless your PC comes with a really good built-in mic.).

lazareth1
August 22nd, 2009, 11:44
Any room for one more?

peterb
August 22nd, 2009, 12:34
Any room for one more?

Given that there are eight possible players I have to say no at this point. There might be drop-outs of course, so I'll keep your name on file (if that's OK by you).

lazareth1
August 22nd, 2009, 18:28
Yeah i'm happy to be on the list :)

badseeds
August 22nd, 2009, 21:51
I've mostly played homebrewed adventures, but i have played in The Haunting, Dead mans stomp, The Edge of Darkness, and the First two parts of the Shadows of Yog-Sothoth campaign (which ended in a complete massacre hence the stop after part 2) oh and Machine Traktor station something-something Anything else has been homebrew as far as i know.

peterb
August 25th, 2009, 12:34
Well, last night we had a character creation session. Somewhat disapointing only two players showed up... They created two character each.

The first game session is scheduled for september 2 at 21:00 GMT +1. Those of you that still want to join - PM me and I'll fire up the server. NB! you have to do this ASAP, since I'll be out of town from august 27 to september 1, and I don't want to have to create characters 9/2.

Having tried the sound system I realise that we cannot be more than six players. So there will be a cap at six players.

/Peter

jwarlander
August 28th, 2009, 08:53
I would be happy to join if there turns out to be any vacant spots :) Seeing as you had 8 available players I realize it's unlikely, and I also saw that you'd be out of town.. But I have a full and a lite license, and the CoC ruleset due to an interest in running my own game later, so I'll just have fun creating a couple of characters. Am in Sweden, so play times are good for me of course :P

Just let me know if there's an opening and you want to review my character(s), I've sent you a PM with contact info.

Lord Sandwich
August 28th, 2009, 20:24
There is still room, the 8 players didnt show. There ar two players right now.
Im not the GM though, you need to pm peterb he is the GM and he is out of town till i think monday 31aug09, try him this weekend though i could be wrong. We use a point buy system for char gen. and teamspeak (its free) for voip. peterb will give you all the info for getting on the server and he will even fire it up so you can create a char or have him review yours. If for some reason you dont get a hold of him our next session is wednesday 02 SEP 09 at 9:00 pm. Thanks for your intrest and hope to see you wednesday.

Andeee
October 16th, 2009, 18:53
This game still running?

peterb
October 16th, 2009, 18:59
This game still running?

Indeed it is. However, at this point I there's no opening for a new player. Sorry.