PDA

View Full Version : Wiki Downtime

Oberoten
August 7th, 2009, 11:56
Due to computer maintenance the Wiki will be down most of August 7th.

-Obe

Sigurd
August 7th, 2009, 16:45
Thanks for the notice & thanks for the project.

Its a good resource.

S

Oberoten
August 7th, 2009, 22:27
The wiki and computer both are back online.

... next paycheck the server gets a MAJOR upgrade. (It becomes a Server ONLY once again as I build myself a new gaming rig in anticipation of Windows 7 )

- Obe

Foen
September 6th, 2009, 09:36
I think the Wiki is sick:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\FGWiki\includes\GlobalFunctions.php on line 2582

Stuart

Oberoten
September 6th, 2009, 10:14
I think the Wiki is sick:

Stuart

What were you doing when this error occured? Just going to the mainpage? I will see what I can do to resolve it, but need a bit more to go on since it loads nicely for me localy as well as from other computers.

- Obe

Oberoten
September 6th, 2009, 10:15
Hmm. Reboot first, then we shall see what else can be done.

Oberoten
September 6th, 2009, 10:23
Running low on memory for some reason. Funny with me actually removing most other apps on the machine yesteday. (The GOD-BOX has arrived for my gaming pleasure)

- Obe

Foen
September 6th, 2009, 10:28
I went to the Rulesets page, or tried to.

Oberoten
September 6th, 2009, 11:32
It should work now.
I'll keep an eye on it though.

- Obe

Oberoten
October 23rd, 2009, 21:20
As of 22nd of October the Wiki is down, for at the least a week.

Some asshats accidentially cut a cable while making adjustments to a waterflow valve in my neighbours backyard. We're both without telephony or internet for at the least a week.

- Obe

Oberoten
October 24th, 2009, 20:32
Aaaand, we're back.

- Obe

Foen
October 24th, 2009, 22:31
Must be a Swedish week...

Oberoten
October 25th, 2009, 00:21
Well they said they wouldn't fix it before earliest monday... but seems they managed to squeeze the work in before that. So I am not misspleased. It is a Swedish thing. Promise within a LONG timeframe, do it before even 1/4 has passed and the customer is pathetically happy.

- Obe

Oberoten
October 28th, 2009, 20:38
Exchanging a HD, Wiki down until about midnight GMT+1.

- Obe

Oberoten
October 29th, 2009, 01:01
That actually went relatively painfree.

Aside from me dropping the old root accounts before comitting the new ones... I have just learned how to reset a MySQL database from command line prompt.

Server should be a tad quicker now though... it only holds the server programs atm and I intend to keep it that way.

** Edit : This means that the server IS indeed up again. FG-Wiki is running and the main-wiki is restoring from the backups as we speak **

- Obe

ddavison
October 29th, 2009, 17:22
Thanks Obe,

You provide a valuable service to the community.