PDA

View Full Version : no rulesets folder in appdata

monophots
August 5th, 2009, 15:35
I'm trying to update my rules set to 4E on version 2.4.4 lite with vista 64

when i go into the application data folder i find the fantasy grounds II folder and there is no rulesets folder contained therein for me to unzip 4E into

anybody knows how to correct this problem or just get 4E to work, greatly appreciated

Sorontar
August 5th, 2009, 16:04
I'm trying to update my rules set to 4E on version 2.4.4 lite with vista 64

when i go into the application data folder i find the fantasy grounds II folder and there is no rulesets folder contained therein for me to unzip 4E into

anybody knows how to correct this problem or just get 4E to work, greatly appreciated

Lite licenses don't have ruleset folders AFAIK, they download all their info from the DMs full license.

EugeneZ
August 5th, 2009, 18:18
Does anyone know if it's possible to try out 4E by connecting to a full version?

Sorontar
August 5th, 2009, 19:07
Does anyone know if it's possible to try out 4E by connecting to a full version?

Yeah you'd just wait for the campaign file to download and then you could create a character etc on the DMs server.

If anyone wants to I have just created a test campaign alias "meek fang bold ally", should be up for an hour or so before I start work on my Eberron game.

Griogre
August 5th, 2009, 19:24
It depends on what you mean by "try out." Sure connecting to a full version running the 4E ruleset will allow the player to exercise the ruleset. Most of the most sophisticated and automatic features won't become apparent until the powers part of the character sheet is filled out correctly.

Fortunately, the powers do use standard WotC syntex so you can copy and paste from the DDI Character Compendium into the power descriptions. The Character Compendium (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider/compendium) has a demo mode that allows you to see the powers of the Players Handbook classes (Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, etc) up to 3rd level so you can use that to copy in a few powers to see how the rest of it works.

The server settings can also make a big difference on functionality in particular settings that allow the players to make drops to hit, damage and add effects to monsters.