PDA

View Full Version : FGII Update today?

Zeus
August 4th, 2009, 13:57
My FGII Update button was a Reddish color about 10 mins ago when I booted up. Clicking updated something as I could see files being downloaded but the release notes and version number are still 2.4.4?

What updated?

Ged
August 4th, 2009, 14:33
No update except for the test version. Inconveniently, for some reason, the live version now also suggests that an update is available. Most likely a minor update will actually be released tomorrow.

Tenian
August 4th, 2009, 14:35
Test version? Is this accessible by the testmode client?

Zeus
August 4th, 2009, 18:01
Test version? Is this accessible by the testmode client?

new test release is available, copy of the release note:

Version 2.4.5

Due to multiple reports of backward compatibility problems in rulesets, a change was made that requires the ruleset to specify it is compatible with version 2.4 before preventing the creation of phantom data base nodes using the script function createChild. To enable the new functionality, add an attribute called "version" to the "root" tag of in the base.xml file of the ruleset, and specify a value of "2.4".
Fixed a crash bug caused by clients opening windows with an invalid data source. An invalid data source will now cause an error message and create an unbound window.

Zeus
August 4th, 2009, 18:06
No update except for the test version. Inconveniently, for some reason, the live version now also suggests that an update is available. Most likely a minor update will actually be released tomorrow.

I would say that with the abscence of any announcement about a test release being available, this is a good way of knowing one is available. :D