PDA

View Full Version : Medieval campaign recruiting (non-D20, indie game)

John_Geeshu
August 2nd, 2009, 14:38
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=275

Our core group of three players plus myself as Referee, has been together for about 18 months, playing on average 2-4 sessions of two hours or more per month.

We are looking for 2-3 more players to take permanent positions in the campaign. We're a mature group, all late-20s to mid-30s with full-time jobs, so our gaming sessions are taken seriously. For the last six months or so we have been playing weekly on alternating Saturdays and Sundays. There is flexibility with this schedule, and we may well change it to accommodate new players. The only evening I absolutely cannot run a game is Monday.

The campaign is non-D20, using my homebrew system and campaign setting. Games are text-based, however, I have Skype and don't object to player use of voice chat for OOC and rules discussions.

This is a sword and sorcery game in a medieval setting. I like to weave distinct plotlines together, and I like to incorporate cloak and dagger and political intrigue into my storylines. In addition, I am a huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft and weird fiction and I use a lot of Lovecraftian-themed horror elements for atmosphere.

If you think you might be interested in joining a long-term gaming group, and you are open to an off-the-beaten-path-role playing game, PM me or send an e-mail to [email protected]. I'll happily answer any questions you have about the system or the campaign. A copy of first edition rules is available for free by following the link at the bottom of this post. Since we are getting ready to transition over to second edition rules, the link is provided so that you can get a feel for the game and how the rules function.

If you decide you want to join the campaign we can begin working on your character as soon as you have settled on an idea. I designed Medieval with characters as its most important element, so there is a lot of freedom to build your character exactly as you picture him or her. The freeform nature of the character rules can be somewhat confusing and overwhelming to new players, but I will be available to walk you through the process, as will any of the other players.

We are all guys, but women are very welcome to join us.

https://www.lulu.com/content/hardcover-book/medieval-adventures-in-a-foreign-land/2359414

John_Geeshu
August 5th, 2009, 16:34
There are still 1-2 positions open on the campaign.

John_Geeshu
August 9th, 2009, 16:26
Still looking for 1-2 additional players.

John_Geeshu
August 15th, 2009, 14:55
For anyone interested in spectating a game in action, we are scheduled to play Sunday at 3 p.m. (GMT -6:00). We still have a spot or two open.

John_Geeshu
August 17th, 2009, 16:18
When two boyhood friends meet again after many years apart, a casual midday stroll turns into a nauseating romp through a section of Djorg's sewers.

Between Giladur's unfortunate accident whilst swinging from a sewer grate, and Shivant's near making out with a large spider, it was nearly a relief for the two to be facing a den of armed cutthroats.

One exploding head later, and it was time for a lamb's shank and a pint of Kendali's finest.

There are still 1 or 2 spots open on the campaign. Come join us for a rip-roaring good time.

John_Geeshu
August 20th, 2009, 17:09
Our next session is Sunday at 3 p.m. Central. We will have a full house — so to speak, and sparks should fly. There's room for one or two more. You're guaranteed a good time.

John_Geeshu
August 24th, 2009, 14:04
The offer is too good to resist. A fair wage for a fair 24 or so days of steady work. Antiquities trader G. E. Reynolds has a special cargo arriving that his competitors want to get their hands on. The job is to secure the cargo, find the double agents, and foil the expected theft.

Chances are it won't be easy. There are potential enemies behind every shack along the wharves, and the enemy within is as yet unknown in extent.

We are still open for 1-2 more players to join the campaign. This is an excellent quest to wet your feet in.

Dagnalis
August 25th, 2009, 01:34
Im interested in this send me a pm with some more info

John_Geeshu
August 29th, 2009, 03:57
Next chance to see Medieval in action is Sunday at 3 p.m. CDT (-6 GMT).

John_Geeshu
August 31st, 2009, 13:44
Reynold's security forces appear to have thought of everything... well, that is until resident sorcerer Rikoro Drelin begins to pick apart their happy little word of men with swords but without the power to turn themselves into little children or fill a room with inexplicable clouds of gas. One never knows that Rikoro has up his sleeves -- literally.

The head of security warned them their identities would be out by now, and he was not wrong. Within 12 hours they have been offered their first bribe by one of Reynold's competitors.

In a disturbing twist, while Shivant and Rikoro were out working on the Reynold's job, their home in The Old City was broken into. Seemingly, nothing was taken.

Disturbing dreams and bodies filed with sorcerous agony greet the men the following morning. Cursed, Rikoro says, but by whom, and to what end?

We are still looking for 1-2 more players.

Rrast
September 1st, 2009, 14:08
I'd like to spectate a game if you don't mind. When's your next one?

John_Geeshu
September 1st, 2009, 14:16
Sunday at 3 p.m. CDT (-6 GMT).

John_Geeshu
September 5th, 2009, 14:07
Our next game for anyone interested is Sunday (Sept. 6th) at 3 p.m. CDT (-6 GMT).

Dagnalis
September 5th, 2009, 20:39
I might if you could guide me through some basic character creation and stuff

John_Geeshu
September 6th, 2009, 19:50
Server alias is: idle camp firm thug

John_Geeshu
September 7th, 2009, 13:49
Two more join Giladur, Rikoro, and Shivant: Hobart is a security officer in the employ of Reynold's Emporium, a trusted man assigned by The Barber to assist the investigators; Sir. Godfrey is a man of noble birth, in Djorg seeking answers from Albertus Strongus, the same merchant with whom the group has already had one or two unpleasant run ins with, as it turns out.

Information surfaces that points to a possible source of the sorcery worked upon Rikoro and Shivant, but when the group greets yet another third party with a keen interest in Renold's mysterious shipment, their likely suspects and possible enemies continue to multiply.

The woman is foreign, judging by her accent, and she makes claim to Reynold's cargo as stolen treasures from the burial plots of her people. She vows to reclaim that which was stolen most heinously.

While Sir Godfrey goes in search of information about Strongus, Shivant tracks the strange woman to her lodgings, Hobart looks for intel from his contacts in the city guard, and Giladur goes off to "follow his own lead..."

We had a full house yesterday, and have about reached the maximum party size for the campaign; but interested players are invited to attend and spectate, with the possibility of opening a second campaign.

John_Geeshu
September 10th, 2009, 17:39
Parties interested in Medieval combat can log in tonight at 9 p.m. CDT (-6 GMT) to observe a mock combat session.

Mono
September 10th, 2009, 17:58
I would LOVE to join in but not sure about the times, I am GMT :(

John_Geeshu
September 15th, 2009, 18:19
Special session tonight at 7 p.m. (CDT) -6 GMT staring Joresh and his wonder cat. Spectators welcome.

John_Geeshu
September 16th, 2009, 01:00
Correction: Tomorrow night, not tonight. :D