PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Reloaded

malachi666
July 31st, 2009, 20:20
Hey Guys and Girls,

I was wondering if anyone had worked up a ruleset for Deadlands Reloaded? If so where can I find it? I currently own the Savage Worlds Explorers Edition.

If no one has done it yet, is is possible to modify the SWEX ruleset that I own in order to add in the elements that would allow Deadlands to be played? In particular the poker chips, the poker games etc?

Doswelk
August 1st, 2009, 08:32
Last I heard was this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=64292&postcount=2)

malachi666
August 1st, 2009, 11:21
But is it possible to mod the SW rule set which I purchased to sort of make a home brew version?

Oberoten
August 1st, 2009, 21:39
Possible, yes. But it'd be legaly questionable ground.

- Obe

Griogre
August 4th, 2009, 09:59
It's certainly possible though it would probably be a decent amount of work depending on just what you wanted to do.

Legally, you should be fine as long as you did not distribute the changed ruleset or profit from it.

malachi666
August 4th, 2009, 13:59
OK, this is proving more difficult than I thought it would. Does anyone have a work around, that doesn't involve changing the actual rulesets? In other words how have people managed to play Deadlands Reloaded, or Deadlands classic via Fantasy grounds?

Griogre
August 4th, 2009, 17:59
I don't remember the mechanics of Deadlands. What do you need to do? Just deal out some poker hands? Why do you need poker chips aren't they like bennies or do you need them to do a poker game?

malachi666
August 4th, 2009, 18:08
From what I know, which is fairly limited I will admit, the poker chips were in three different colors and acted somewhat like bennies, albeit each color had a different effect.

I guess you could run this part of the system as inventory and run on the Honor code, which should not have to be relied upon.

As far as poker is concerned, I believe it has to do with Spirits and gaining powers if I am not mistaken.

RiverRat
August 4th, 2009, 19:04
I played in a deadlands game awhile back. The gm just drew the bennies himself and told us what we got. Then we just recorded them somewhere and used them as usual. It worked alright. It would be nice if there was some bit of code (maybe an extension) that would facilitate that in the ruleset. That would also help with ubiquity style chips and similiar.

As far as the poker hands goes, the SW ruleset can deal a hand just fine as is. The problem comes at higher levels when players can have hands that far exceed the current limit of five.

RR

malachi666
August 4th, 2009, 20:44
Ahh Ok I see. Well I will see what I can do without having to modify code (ugh!) Maybe there is a way to role the random draw of poker chips...