PDA

View Full Version : No rulesets folder???

dcook22
July 30th, 2009, 05:02
Hi all,

I am trying to install the 4E ruleset. Xorne's tutorial says to extract the .zip file to the rulesets folder, but I don't have one. Is it called "extensions" now?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan

Foen
July 30th, 2009, 06:48
A few suggestions:

(Silly one first) do you have a Full licence? Rulesets can generally only be installed on a full licence.
The rulesets folder is C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets for Windows Vista
It is C:\Documents and Settings\<your account>\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets for Windows XP
If it doesn't already exist, create the 'rulesets' directory in the place mentioned above, depending on your operating system
The 'extensions' folder is for something else (a bit like plugins for FG)

Hope that helps,

Stuart

Fenloh
July 30th, 2009, 11:04
Possibly you have the Lite Licence, then you wont need a Ruleset folder.

Ginstor

dcook22
July 30th, 2009, 13:00
Well, if I have the lite license, I'm anoyed because I paid for the full license. That said, maybe someone can help me out. How do I confirm which license I have?

I created the rulesets folder, extracted the 4E_JPG rulset into it, and it seems to work now, but you've got me concerned that I might not have the full license. Can you help me confirm that?

When I start FG2, my screen offers 4 options:

1. Load Campaign
2. Create New Campaign
3. Join Game
4. Manage Characters

And a "Check For Updates" button.

And this is what my screen looks like once I press "Create New Campaign"

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/dcook22/FG2screen.jpg

I think that's the full license. If I'm wrong I need to contact customer service. If it IS the full license, then it just didn't create the rulesets folder.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Dan

Sorontar
July 30th, 2009, 13:52
Yeah that's the Full License, and I'm guessing it missed out the rulesets folder which would worry me as to what else was missing to be honest.

May be worthwhile for peace of mind to just do a fresh install.

Griogre
July 30th, 2009, 20:08
Also FYI the rulesets folder goes into FG's application data folder. This is a hidden system folder so unless you have show hidden folders on you won't be able to see the AppData or Application Data folders or anything further down the path including the FG data folder. That's why there in a shortcut in the start menu for FG that opens FG's application data folder.

Elvedui
August 1st, 2009, 03:40
This is one of my problems with FG II. None of this is intuitive and the instructions don't address this type of issue. I have had some issues installing rulesets as well as other plug ins. I really with the developers would consider putting together a real manual. The video tutorials are nice, but don't cover alot of basics.

Valarian
August 1st, 2009, 07:57
I really with the developers would consider putting together a real manual. The video tutorials are nice, but don't cover alot of basics.
Have you seen the user guide in the Library: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/
I grant you, a PDF version might be nice, but there is a guide to the basics.

Bidmaron
August 2nd, 2009, 01:51
Does anyone know why SW is so averse to making a PDF manual? Seems I remember once that someone made one and SW made them stop distro-ing it because of copyright.

Griogre
August 2nd, 2009, 06:16
I assume it is because PegInc sells PDF versions of the Savage Worlds rules: https://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25_74

Sorontar
August 2nd, 2009, 12:35
I assume it is because PegInc sells PDF versions of the Savage Worlds rules: https://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25_74

I'm assuming he means SmiteWorks but my first thought was Savage Worlds :)

Bidmaron
August 4th, 2009, 03:35
Sorry, I did mean Smiteworks. One of the recurring pleas is to have a PDF manual, and I just wondered if anyone knew why SW was so opposed to it.