PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ongoing, regular D&D or CoC campaign

Zanthal
July 28th, 2009, 12:14
I've played a lot of D&D 2nd edition, 3rd and 3.5 ... Vampire the Masquerade, and Call of Cthulhu.

It's been a few years, but this software looks to make tabletop pen and paper RPG fun again.

In D&D the main campaign I played in stretched from Dragonlance to Planescape and other realms, but it began in Forgotten Realms. The DM fused the different modules and made the campaign kind of a tour de force of the Dungeons and Dragons game. Played for two years, as my fighter/mage and eventually his son, a thief/mage.

I played Vampire 2nd edition and had influences from Werewolf and spilled over into Mage the Ascension.

the Call of Cthulhu I played was mainly in the 1920s but occasionally 1990s.

I'd be interested to hear from any GMs who have something prepared. I'll be monitoring this thread. Cheers

PS: I'd also be interested in getting together with a small group to take advantage of the group discount on the fantasy ground software.

Zanthal
July 28th, 2009, 14:45
If anyone uses IRC, I started a channel to chat about this thread.

If you've never used IRC before,

ICECHAT (https://www.icechat.net/site/) is free and fairly easy to use. Download it, install, and connect using this (without the "quotes"):

"irc.gamesurge.net" for the server name

"6667" for the server port

pick a nickname, then Connect

When you're on the server, type:

"/join #fantasygrounds"

and you'll join the channel.

Zanthal
July 28th, 2009, 16:38
The character I've envisioned for D&D play is a halfing bard who has become nomadic by necessity and inspiration.

He thrives on late night tavern common rooms and playing the lute to circles of dancing folk, singing songs about times long ago and about things time never changes, as long as the tune stays alive, with little thought to sleep.

He has a kindly face that doesn't reveal much of his inner thoughts, and doesn't trouble easily. He is very attentive, and of quick wit, which comes from years of lonely travel and the need to improvise his performances.

After all this time, he has come to realize that once he's written one fine and proper song about a place, it's time to move on again. His music is his main concern, and he is following the path he's inspired to go.