PDA

View Full Version : Need For How to Organize 'Dungeon Delve' Quests

willquestion
July 28th, 2009, 09:43
So I'm wanting to make a Dungeon Delve module for whenever I want to run a side quest while running a campaign. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to organize the section. There's an adventure for each level and then each adventure is then split up into three parts. Here's the first level delve.

1: Coppernight Hold
1-1: Kobold Defense
1-2: The Hall of Ancestors
1-3: Audience Chamber

Would it be best to put "1: Coppernight Hold" between ( ) to put them above the seperate encounters?

Also, a huge problem I'm having is when I get to "10: Fear the Night", it gets listed above 1. Is there a way to make sure the story titles go down from 1-30 and not get mixed up?

Thanks,
Will

Tenian
July 28th, 2009, 11:26
I did what I do for most adventure modules:

I made a single story page called: (INDEX)

This page contains a link to the adventure and then 3 links to the individual encounters contained under it.

An alternative would be to zero pad the story titles so you would have:

01: Coppernight Hold
01-1: Kobold Defense
01-2: The Hall of Ancestors
01-3: Audience Chamber

This will preserve the sorting when you get to 10

Zoso
July 28th, 2009, 13:26
I also use an index story entry as then you have complete control over the order things show up. If you put the brackets around it as Tenian suggests, then it will be the first story entry in the list as well making it easy to find.

willquestion
July 28th, 2009, 13:51
Thanks for the help. I feel a bit dumb for not thinking about putting the 0 in front. So do you think maybe:
(01: Coppernight Hold)
(02: Etc.)
01-1: Kobold Defense
01-2: The Hall of Ancestors
01-3: Audience Chamber
02-1: Etc.

Does that look good?

Griogre
July 28th, 2009, 13:54
I usually uses 00 for intros and such. Remember if you are keeping these modules seperate there may be no reason for all the leading numbers. IE You could do something like:
00 Coppermine Hold
01 Kobold Defense

You also only need leading zeroes if you go higher than 9. If in doubt always use leading zeroes, though, because then you won't waste you time going back and adding them.

Tenian
July 28th, 2009, 13:55
You can see a screen shot of my master index here:

https://dnd-4e.blogspot.com/2009/03/map-time.html

Each link takes you to an index like the one shown on the left of the screen shot on this page:

https://dnd-4e.blogspot.com/2009/03/dungeon-delve.html