PDA

View Full Version : hate to be a n00b...

DarthWheaton
July 27th, 2009, 16:07
I just downloaded this program and can't get it to work. When ever I run the program it just runs the updater or does the exact same thing the updater does. When that's done and I click on the done button nothing else happens. Any ideas?

DW

Griogre
July 27th, 2009, 19:35
Do you have Vista? If so try going to Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II and right clicking on the FantasyGroundUpdater.exe and running it as an administrator.

If that doesn't work then try e-mailing: [email protected]

DarthWheaton
July 27th, 2009, 20:34
I just tried that and it didn't help. I'm not trying to run the updater, it just comes up when I try to run the program...maybe i need to reinstall?

Griogre
July 27th, 2009, 21:18
I would definately try uninstalling and re-installing - it can't hurt.

DarthWheaton
July 27th, 2009, 22:44
Well that didn't help at all, anyone have any other ideas that could help?

DW

Spyke
July 27th, 2009, 23:21
You could check your key is entered correctly. See this post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10573&highlight=updater

Spyke

DarthWheaton
July 28th, 2009, 01:21
Thanks, I did seem to have this problem as there was a blank where my registery key was supose to be. However this did not solve my problem...no matter what I do this program goes straight to the uploader and when I click "done" nothing else happens.

DW

Griogre
July 28th, 2009, 01:30
I think you are going to have to e-mail customer support.

dcook22
July 28th, 2009, 05:49
I'm pretty new to this whole thing too, but I had the same problem. Here's what you can do that I did and I got it to work:

1. right click your fantasy grounds icon on your desktop.
2. click Properties at the bottom of the menu that pops up.
3. In the box marked Target: you should see this: "C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyGrounds.exe"
4. If you don't see that, it might say "C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyG.exe"
5. If it says "C:\Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II\FantasyG.exe" just type in the "rounds" (minus the quotes) after the G and before the .exe
6. Then Click OK.
7. Now, double click your icon and I bet it works.

If this doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas :confused:

Good luck,

Dan

DarthWheaton
July 28th, 2009, 09:23
After reinstalling a couple times it's working now, thanks for all the help!

DW